attn: pat460

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by irishprincess, Apr 21, 2007.

1. irishprincess

irishprincess New Member

i am willing to give probiotics a try exactly what does it say on the bottle and what milligrams and oh where do you get it.
    thanks
    irish
  2. pat460

pat460 New Member

There are many different brands of probiotics and I imagine you can find them at vitamin and supplement shops or any type health store.

That being said, here's what I did; I started eating Activia yogurt everyday to see if probiotics would be at all helpful. It did start making some difference so I ordered probiotic Pearls from The Fatigued To Fantastic website. But I've since found that you can buy them from the store here and they are much cheaper.

I started by taking one a day as it said on the box, but sometimes I take two--1 in the morning and 1 at night. Don't be disappointed if it takes a few days to start working as the good gut bacteria may take some time to build up and start working. Although there may be better or more powerful brands, I like these because they are tiny, taste good, have no bad smell, and are guaranteed to stay intact until they reach your digestive tract. They have never made me nauseous or given me stomach pain. You may have some mild discomfort when you get the urge to move your bowels until you've been on them 2-3 weeks and things get moving better. But this discomfort is nothing like the severe cramps we've had before. I think the longer you take these, the better your bowels will function. They have made the gas and bloating much better for me. Every week gets a bit better. I even ate spaghetti a few evenings ago and had no heartburn or indigestion! It's been maybe 10 years or so since I've been able to comfortably digest spaghetti!

So I hope this helps you some and that you too get good results from whatever brand of probiotics you choose.

Pat
  3. irishprincess

irishprincess New Member

also will it say pearls on the bottle?
    thanks ever so much
    irish
  4. pat460

pat460 New Member

Just go to the top of the page here and click on the STORE tab. Then type Pearls in the search box. They come in boxes of different amounts--30 or 90 to a box I think. I started with the 30 to make sure I could take them before I invested too much money in them. They aren't real cheap but worth it I think. You might also want to ask others what brand of probiotics they take if you want to see what other kinds are available. These are the only ones I've tried and I'm somewhat biased as I like them so well. They aren't sold by mgs. but by how much and what type of good bacteria is in them--I can't remember what you call them, aciph____ somethin somethin. Read the description and you'll see what I mean. Lol

Pat
    [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2007]
  5. pat460

pat460 New Member

I forgot to mention that I've started drinking a lot of bottled water. I think that is helping things along as well. Just wanted to mention it.

Pat