Attn: Rock

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, Apr 25, 2008.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Hello, Sir Rock. On the book club post, I left you a question: how would you like to be the guest Book Club discussion leader this month? I'm sure people are getting tired of me posting the questions all of the time. I've finished the play and would be happy to do it, but I'll bet people would get a kick out of you leading discussion this month.

All you would need to do would be to post a few good questions on PICNIC, or maybe for those who haven't finished it, what was your most memorable picnic (for better or worse), and why?

I've decided to read Bus Stop as well. I read the first few pages, and got caught up in that play as well.

2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Not that we would ever get tired of Ken, but it would be fun for Rocky to do a guest spot this month as the discussion leader!!!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Just woke up from a long nap. Missed my Emotions Anonymous meeting again. Very hard to keep appointments w/ this DD.

Why, Sure thing. Be happy to be Vice Ken. I'll get to work on formulatin' questions right now.

"From an existentialist view, why did Inge rework an earlier sketch into the prize-winning Picnic rather than...."

Hey! This is harder than I thought.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Dar. No way I'll do as well as Ken, but a change is fun. Like having Phyllis Diller sub for Johnny Carson.

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

try to spare us.

Re- Paul Newman, reading The Picnic, I've been imagining a young Paul Newman (Hud) as Hal - strange he didn't get that part. I dont have anyone else in mind for the other characters but Paul Newman immediately came to mind for Hal.

He was a handsome young devil though.

[This Message was Edited on 04/26/2008]