Attn: Rockgor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, Aug 29, 2008.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Any chance you'd be willing to take over Book Club for me for a while?

I'm in a nasty relapse again, and am not feeling up for it, but I'd like to keep it going.

I haven't posted the voting thread yet or the discussion thread on Joe Hill.

If you're not up for it, either, that's okay.

Hope you're doing well, my friend.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you're nasty relapsing. I'm not so hot myself, but I suspect I'm probably in better shape than you and most of the other folks here are. It would help a lot if my mouth would heal up.

I had zee beeg, bad extratzeeon last Sat. and it STILL hurts like a __________insert expletive.

I thought we already had plenty of discussion on Joe Hill. You know how it is. Sometimes people can move mountains, and other times it isn't worth the effort to turn the page.

In the bad, old days, when I was a perfectionist, I would have said No, I could never do so good a job as Ken. But now I'm a little more relaxed.

Better to have someone do a so-so job than no job at all. So I will post something when I come back from doing a couple of errands. It won't be so good, but it will be something. I could never think of questions as provocative as yours.

Hope you're relapse is brief. If you drop in and see things are going awry, feel free to drop a few hints.

Regards to Wendy.

BILLCAMO New Member

I'll throw in a suggestion that may not fit the book club , but , I'll do it anyway. It's an old classic from a long time many ways :

Fire Hunter by Jim Kjelgaard.

At least I believe the author is of Scandanavian decent...LOL.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Yup, the "Kj" and the double "a" show it's a Norskie name.

Back in my social working days I had a co-worker named Fjelsted. And, of course, there was the Swedish tenor Jussi Bjorling.

I looked up Kjelgaard. Wikipedia says his most famous book was Big Red, made into a Disney movie.

I will mention it next time I post; see if I can get one of the other from the LA library.

Thanks, Bill. Feel free to join in the book chat anytime. You don't even have to read the book of the month.

5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I will check in periodically, when I'm feeling up to it.