Attn: SeaDove

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Sep 5, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

How are you doing on your raw/living foods diet? I noticed that you posted about starting one a while back.
    I'm about 75% raw at the moment, and I'm trying to do one 100% raw day a week. I do eat grains and some lean meats, but raw fruits, veggies, nuts, etc...have reduced my severe CFS symptoms more than anything else I've tried. I've had CFS since the late 80s, but am disabled with it now.

Great photo, by the way!

Kholmes
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

For Kholmes and Seadove
  3. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

Last Sunday I became so so sick that I thought that I was gonna die.... again. I have been extra sick for the last 5 weeks and haven't been able to kick it. The easiest thing for me to do was to eat whole wheat toast with all fruit jelly and go back to bed. This has made me much sicker. I know that I knew this was gonna happen, but I was trying to take the easy way out. Wheat gluten is apparently totally out for me.

My husband's first wife had MS and was advised to do an all natural diet. She had the best remission from no sugar but they also ate raw foods.

So on Monday I started with raw fuit and veggies using the Blood Type diet. It is too soon to tell as yet, but I have felt a feeling of satiation (sp?).

There is a diet and recipe book from "Hallelujah Acres" that is helpful to me. I can then pick the food that will help my blood type and also include all of the other diet recommendations that we have all heard about and tried over the years.

I feel that I am running out of options and if this can help I will be proud that I tried.

But my thoughts are this: Perhaps we can try to do this together and support one another and perhaps exchange ideas about what we are doing.

Want to try ????? I don't think that it can hurt.

Jeanne
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Let's definitely support each other and keep each other posted. That's a good idea.

Do you have primarily CFS, Fibro, or both?
    I have severe CFS, mainly.

I've been doing lots of raw off and on for a long time, but have gotten more into it again recently. Some people go through a bit of detoxing if they make an abrupt transition at first. Are you 100% right now? For me, it's been important to keep up lots of fats and proteins, with almonds, nut butters (especially tahini), avocados, etc...

I did 24 hours raw yesterday and plan to do this once a week. On other days, maybe once or twice a week, I'll do all raw until dinner.

But I'm still eating things like blue corn pancakes, soy milk, granola, brown rice bread, a little chicken or turkey, veggie pizza, etc...

I hope you feel better soon. Let's keep each other posted on how we're feeling doing more raw.

Ken
  5. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

It was so nice of you to respond.

I have CFS mainly and have been sick for 23+ years, as far as I can remember. I have been developing FM symptoms and that is only what my local Dr.is treating.

I have been in a bad, bad relapse for 6 weeks and can't seem to kick it.Can't stand up too long or bend over. Walking from the bedroom to the kitchen just wipes me out.

I used to be on a strickly high protein, high fat diet when I was working and it seemed to work pretty well. I was able at that time to do aerobics 2x a week. But not now.

I have decided to do as much raw as possible.My basic format for this plan is to combine the Blood Type diet (I am O+)with the allowable friuts and veggies and to eat those veggies raw. A friend of mine who is a nurse was surprised to learn that when she followed the Blood Type regime, the weight just fell off.

From my trial and error, I do not do very well with any grains. I sure do wish I could, but wheat things seem to make me more lethargic. And then I hurt.

Soooo... Yesterday and today I have eaten a lot of fruit, but also have added an egg with veggies casserole to provide the protein that I am afraid to go without.

Detoxing sounds great to me. Eating lighter seems not to require as much energy to digest.

Hallelujah Acres is a place where they claim healing for cancer, etc. using mostly raw foods and then a reward for dinner, like a baked potato which would probably send me through the ceiling.

I am looking forward to being able to eat fruit 5 -6 times a day as allowed on the BType diet.

Two days ago I cut up some broccoli, red onion, green and red peppers mixed with 1/4 cup olive oil and 2 tblsp. soy sauce. It was supposed to be Braggs Liquid Aminos (which I though was just like soy sauce) which I didn't have, so I used soy sauce and then read on the bottle that the soy sauce contains wheat. But I can only do the best that I can do.

All the chopping of vegetables required at least 3 rests in between, but I got it done. So I tend to make large amounts of food at a time when possible.

It is encouraging to hear that you are having reduced symptoms and I am looking forward (of course!)to that. I will be happy to be able to go to the store and not feel sick as I am hanging on to the grocery cart.

Having a 100% raw day also sounds like a good idea.

Here's to your health.
    Jeanne

6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

The truth is, physically, I am about where you are; my walking and standing are very limited. I use a scooter to get down the block to the park, but can't walk more than about forty feet.

I became disabled a year and a half ago, and had to stop teaching. I used to mountain climb, ski, mountain bike, and backpack; it's amazing how powerful CFS can be. Last spring and summer, I was completely bedridden.

I'll have to check out the Hallelujah site. I have a number of good raw food books, by David Wolfe, Gabriel Cousens, Victoria Boutenko, Paul Nison, etc...
    They are very good at motivating me.

How did you find out what your blood types is? I actually don't know mine.

Ken
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2006]
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

It is hard to stick with it, isn't it? There are a couple of studies that show raw foods can help with Fibro, but I wish someone would do a study on raw foods and CFS.
    I actually have found a couple of raw food delivery businesses online, but they're pretty expensive.

Ken