Attn SoreKitty/This is Sandy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gumama, Oct 2, 2006.

1. gumama

gumama New Member

Thanks for the info on your Son... Boy can I relate to the running away from you behavior... it took two of us at ALL times when my Grandson was younger to handle him and keep him with is.....

You have done everything you can to get the help for your Son.. you DO NOT have to have a Dr's referal to get into a regional Center.... you have enough info via the PT etc that they should be able to help you.

We went through the Asperger's question as well, its true that Autism and Asperger's are very closely related.. Bless your Heart, your doing everything you can... your Son sounds like a wonderful Kid....

Believe me, your getting more than some parents are, but the Regional Center can help you with the IEP's and other things that you may run into ..... they could probably give you a more definite diagnosis.... which in the long run will help you.

I'm sorry to be so late answering your post.. but keep asking questions and push for what your Son is entitled to and I'll help you anyway I can.

God Bless You.

gumama ( Sandy)...
  2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Thanks for getting back to me. Yup, when we go many places my dh has to be with me to catch him and pick him up (he is 40# now!). I have to go to a lot of places with him on my own though, and my muscles/joints and easy bruising gets worse.

I'm so excited because the AS parent support group meeting is tonight. This will be my first one and I think I can learn a lot about what is available for us. I may call the Regional Center and see what they say. I have so much on my "to do" list not sure when I will get to that.

It gives me hope to hear that your grandson is doing so well. You must feel good that all your early interventions have really paid off.

Sorekitty (Molly)