ATTN: WAKEMEUP AND DARUDE AND ANYONE WITH A PT...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Dec 8, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I just want to let you all know I am finally having my 2nd MRI of my pituitary tumor Monday 12/11/2006 at 6:00 pm.

It has been almost a year and I am so anxious and nervous and afraid also to see if "Lucy" has grown or not.

My head are everyday but they are just like my migraines so it is hard to tell if they are related.

I have been have nose bleeds again and lately I have been feeling pressure at my ear almost like there is fluid but my physician checked and there isn't any -- go figure.

I do think the reason my thyroid is going up and down is because of the tumor.

Wake and darude -- I hope you both are doing OK have either of you had an MRI lately? Are you either of you having any symptoms?

Well thanks for letting me share and wish me luck :)

Talk to you all soon,

Karen :)
  2. darude

darude New Member

Hi there Karen. I had my MRI in November and have not heard a thing back from my doctor, I'm gonna wait until after Christmas to call. I figure if they have not called must be the same but I want to get Christmas out of the way. I went to the hospital just before that and had CT with contrast and they said PT was the same size. I had nose bleeds in the beginning and my ear has been plugged ever since I got sick. My worst symptom now is leg pain which is now chronic. Feel like the bones and joints? You guys have this? Also getting some stomach pains. Please keep in touch and let us know what happens.
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

OK got the MRI over with and all went well sign a release for the report to be mailed to me. I did get lucky and the lady in radiology and I knew each other from when I work at this facility so she will make sure the report gets in the mail -- that is a load off my mind...

Hi Fight -- I had such a great time chatting with you the other evening at the chat room. I am sorry I got a migraine and had to leave though. My meds are as follows but I am not on anything for the pituitary tumor as of yet:

Estradiol -- 2 mg q.d.
    Levoxyl -- 88 mcg q.d.
    Lexapro -- 10 mg q.d.
    Topamax -- 100 mg b.i.d.
    Propoxy-N/APAP -- 100-650 2-4 tablets 4-6h. p.r.n.
    Zyrtec -- 10 mg q.d.
    Fish Oil -- 1000 mg b.i.d.
    Magnesium -- 250 mg b.i.d.
    Folic Acid -- 400 mcg q.d.
    Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement -- q.d.
    Chromium Picolinate -- 800 q.d.
    Selenium -- 200 mcg b.i.d.

Hi Wake -- Yeah, my sister came up with that name...LOL she and I are a little nutty but we come by it honest :)

I love the name you have given you tumor Patty the Pituitary Tumor is very cute :)

It was my sister's way of cheering me up -- she is very good at that. When I had my hysterectomy several years ago she came up with a T-Shirt saying for me "No it's not PMS I've had a hysterectomy. I'm just a Bitch." She made me laugh so hard I just about popped my staples...

Oh wake, the next time you get an MRI get those films. You might try to get a copy of both and see if you can get someone to take a look at them.

Oh gosh hypothyroidism -- my symptoms have been really bad at the moment -- hair loss, unintentional weight gain, extreme fatigue mental and physical, mental confusion, muscles aches and pains, pubic hair loss, loosing eyebrows, painfully dry skin yet an oily scalp and face, skin on back is breaking out, pitting edema below knees, and that is just the main ones...sounds a lot like FMS doesn't it that is why it gets so confusing IMHO...

Do a search on here there is a lot of information.

I am hoping to hear something this week and will let you know :)

Hi darude -- I think they should have let you know by now that is a little long to let a person but then the physicians tend to forget we are setting on pins and needles don't they.

Yes I have been more leg weakness and pain than usual lately and I am just not sure what to associate it with. My thyroid has been so messed up but that could very well go back to the pituitary couldn't it? Geesh -- I just get so sick of it all...

I am not have stomach pain but I have been a lot of nausea and which I have never had until recently. I have been have the worst IBS-C which I just associate with the thyroid because I have had it for a lot time but never this bad. Well I guess we just have to take it one day at a time don't we?

Well I better get ready for work pretty soon.

You guy take care of yourselves,

4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I hope everything goes ok for you, I'll be thinking of you.

I just wanted to mention that with migraines and nosebleeds you might want to check into a humidifyer for your house.

Now's the time of year that the heaters are on and the air inside gets very dry. A humidifyer will help you to breathe better and keep those delicate tissues moist. It should also help with the headaches.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I really appreciate you suggestions but I have been a been chronic migraine suffer since the age of 14 unfortunately a few years ago I started having them daily quit for a while and have started again daily.

The sinus trouble can be a symptoms of my pituitary tumor which is why I have been concerned.

Since my physician can find no signs of fluid behind my ears and there is no signs of infection and I am not having any of my usual allergy symptoms I am sure you can understand why I am a little concerned about the pituitary tumor.

Lack of humidity isn't a problem in my house but I wish I could get rid of my migraines in that way :)

Actually we have too much moisture in our house due to using propane heat and have to run a dehumidifier at a low setting. I will only run it at a low setting because I want to avoid sinus problems.

We went through all of this several years ago and now know the proper settings so not have it too dry in the house -- if that makes any sense...LOL

Thank you for you concern and for your suggestions I do appreciate them. I hope you are doing well.

Take care of you,

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I too have been a chronic migraine sufferer since the age of 14. The only real way I got rid of them was with my hysterectomy a few years ago.

Now the only reason I get them is because of low humidity either in the weather or outside. I wish it could be that simple for you too.

One other thing I do when I get them is take a sniff of saline spray up my nose. That does seem to help a bit too.

Hope your MRI went well....we all seem to have so many things going on and none of us need more.

Happy Holiday Hugs,

Nancy B
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

We have a few things in common don't we...LOL

Migraines and now hysterectomy -- I had one several years ago too.

My migraines are weather related too only it is the barometric pressure that triggers them most of the time.

I do have a few food triggers but I know what they are and have avoid those triggers for years so it isn't a problem any more now just the daily...sigh

I agree with you we all have too many illnesses going on.

I hope you have a pain free Holiday Season :)

Take care of you,

8. kjfms

kjfms Member

I posted an update on my MRI report not very good new for me I sorry to say -- the tumor has grown a lot it is now a Macroadenoma and is 1.3 x 1.1 x 1 cm that is from 4-5 mm in 11 months... very worried.

Yes wake do invite her :)

I posted the report titled something like MRI Report In Bad News For Me PT Has Grown A Lot

If you all have time take a look at it but I will warn you it is a long post -- sorry :)

Take care,