Attn zachsuncle

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Jun 22, 2006.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Thank you for all the info. on Nardil. I was on it in the spring of 2002. I was on both Klonopin and Nardil and slowly weaned off Klonopin. Immediately I had trouble.

My hubby and I have discussed what would ha e happed to me if I hadn't been taken off immediatley - die?

thanks.

joan
  2. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

3. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

4. zachsuncle

zachsuncle New Member

I'm sorry, Lilac, -- I didn't see that you had made this thread back in June and I missed it. :(

I'm very glad to see that your experience with Nardil worked out all right in the end. Nardil can have serious side effects if not carefully managed. Nonetheless, I still support and even recommend its use for people diagnosed with treatment resistant, Atypical Depression. (Atypical Depression is a specific form and diagnosis of depression, exceedingly reactive in its onset with deep depressions occuring directly in response to external stimuli of the emotionally painful kind. Its subjects may have inverse reactions to some meds (such as tricyclic antidepressants), with the depression becoming much worse.)

Many people have been treated successfully with Nardil and similar MAO-inhibitors over the years, especially in Europe. It can virtually "cure" depression, or at least break patients out of a bad cycle thereof, but it requires close monitoring and instruction by the MD and careful adherence to diet, dosage, and instruction by the patient.

[My Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, so please run this stuff by yours before embracing any of my thoughts. :) ]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2006]
  5. zachsuncle

zachsuncle New Member

Update...

Just saw your post elsewhere indicating that you developed Fibro after abrupt withdrawal of Nardil. Obviously, it didn't work out well. :(

I'm in the same boat regarding onset of Chronic Fatigue. And I'm finding others. Seems rare, but it happens.

I'm trying to find other factors people like us might have in common. It happens that I had two grandparents with Parkinsons; any history of Parkinsons in your family?