attorney in Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JannyW, Sep 24, 2002.

1. JannyW

JannyW New Member

I could use a referral to an attorney in the Charlotte, NC area ... the NC Bar Lawyer Referral referred me to Lynn Bishop; then there's a Lynn Sizemore who advertises that she specifically handles SS claims -- she's in the same building.

I actually wrote to Scott Davis to ask if he knew of anyone, and his sec'y informs me that he handles cases nationwide! How on earth that work if he's in Phoenix and I'm in Charlotte?? Long distance legal?? interesting concept.

Jan ^v^
  2. JannyW

JannyW New Member

I could use a referral to an attorney in the Charlotte, NC area ... the NC Bar Lawyer Referral referred me to Lynn Bishop; then there's a Lynn Sizemore who advertises that she specifically handles SS claims -- she's in the same building.

I actually wrote to Scott Davis to ask if he knew of anyone, and his sec'y informs me that he handles cases nationwide! How on earth that work if he's in Phoenix and I'm in Charlotte?? Long distance legal?? interesting concept.

Jan ^v^
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

There was a post yesterday, I believe, about someone who lives in CA who used Mr. Davis and she won her case. My attorney is not exactly local, he's more in the greater Washington, Baltimore metro area He's at one end and I'm at the other! But he is very good with CFIDS cases so I hired him.

I think the most important piece here is having an attorney who is familiar with your illness and has a good track record in winning claims for it. The advantage of having someone local is they also know where to send you for special testing to corroborate things like cognitive difficulties. Mine sent me to a special psycologist for testing and he was obviously acutely aware of what to look for and what areas would be difficult for me.

Hope this rambling helps. Good luck. I'm about to get back in the trenches and work on my paperwork for them. It seems endless to me.

Barbara
  4. JannyW

JannyW New Member

I have an appointment scheduled for October 10th with an attorney in Gastonia. She was recommended by someone in the CFIDS/FMS support group here locally ... they said she rarely loses, which is encouraging. Now if I can get my doctors to write the letters for me, I'll be okay.

Jan ^v^