atty is requesting an "on the record" need prayers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hootie1, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

My attorney is requesting an on the record for SSDI. It's been one year and I know that isn't very long compared to many but I am hoping with everything that I have that it is awarded. I do not want to go to the hearing, as many of you will agree that most of us don't look as "sick" as they want us to.

I know how sick we are! Really, would we trade past lives with this one?!! The little amount of money that we get from the SSDI is minute compared to what we could make if we were not sick!

Thanks for any good thoughts.

2. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

My thoughts and Prayers are with you.

T
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

I am in the same boat...Allsup is trying to get the Adm. Judge to look at everything ahead of time so I do not have to have a hearing. I am praying for you and me....and everyone else going through this hell.

jmq
  4. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Thanks guys!! Jam- "on the record request" is a summary to the judge explaining why the application should be approved without a hearing. Sometimes the records can speak for themselves.

This is being done lately. If the atty feels that the app and medical documentation is enough along with the doctors completed forms and/or letter, than he/she will just send a summary to the ALJ- especially if they know them- and request an approval without a hearing.

He is not finished yet, but he said soon and said that he will call me when he sends it. It should take months. Actually, I should have a hearing date set anytime between November and Feb 09.

I sure hope it can be approved without the hearing.

editing to wish you luck - jmq! We are putting so much into this and it is so emotionally draining!!!![This Message was Edited on 08/25/2008]
  5. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

This process was all new to me as well, but thank goodness for this site!!

If I could offer you any advice, please refrain from submitting logical explanations in writing. You are a very good writer and it will "appear" that your thoughts are in good order and you can work. This has been the most difficult part of the whole process and illness for me- the fact that on certain days I can get my thoughts together and actually sound as though I am a college graduate. (lol)
    However, this has no bearing on whether we can function on a daily basis.

My attorney reminded me to keep things brief and only handwrite answers. Give very little detail during the process so that you don't have to go back and retract anything. You are similar to me in that you want them to understand, but they don't care about our situation.

I am hoping that you are initially approved, but if not, get an attorney. My battle is far from over, but I will continue to fight.

I only had a psych eval during the initial phase of the application process. I am so sorry that you were treated so poorly by their physician. I am so glad that I didn't have to be evaluated in that way. Their psych that I visited was actually quite kind but he, in my opinion, really was not able to get the full picture during the 30 minute interview.

I have had terrible depression problems with this illness and if I am approved, unfortunately, it will probably be for that. How silly!! We'll see how it goes.

Be extremely careful with what you provide in the initial stage. I was advised to provide detailed information by a different site and that is why I sent them a 10 page typed document explaining how my symptoms and medication affect my ability to work. I tried to connect the dots for them, but I think it was misconstrued as being functional.

I'll keep an eye on your posts to see how you are doing.

***Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers and I will remember you all in my prayers as well. We are all in this together!!!!
  6. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Hootie,

I read the same thing else where. Some say to type everything and give lots of details and others say handwritten is better with little information. What a confusion!!!!!

What is the right way? Probably there is no right way.

I am so stressed out filling out all the paper work that I'm going to have a nervous break down.

I decided today that I quit! I'm meeting with an attorney this Friday and am going to let him lead the way. If I give him all of my paper work he's going to think I'm nuts! Well, maybe that would be a good thing.

I just don't know.

I agree that we don't look as sick as we are and that makes it so hard to deal with others.

Well, good luck to you,

kitteejo
  7. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I was approved and I just got the letter today out of the blue!!!!!!

read another post that I made about the slam that the letter made on the state.

I was approved for: deression, anxiety disorder, NOS, and fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia was in there! Yippeee!!!!!!!

I had to look up NOS and found that it is a general mental disorder under 12.04. Hey, anyone with Fibro has it!!!
  8. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

I just posted under another thread that my lawyer wants me to update her in hopes that we can maximize the opportunity of an early favorable result. I should be getting my hearing in the winter sometime anyways but sooner would be oh so nice!!!! Especially before the holidays.
  9. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Good Luck! I hope you get an early decision! Mine was totally unexpected!
  10. hensue

hensue New Member

How does this work i am working with allsup. our call is not until wednesday. When they submit all this stuff does it go to your town? Who decides? way up top the pole or your ssi here in town? This is such a small town crap is the reason i am asking?
    hensue from ga