Aug. 28 We Have 3 Birthday: SPACEE, MAFUSULA;PUDDIN27

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1sweetie, Aug 25, 2006.

1. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I have been watching the August birthday thread and there have been so many birthdays.

I hope each of you have a very special day.

Happy Birthday in advance!
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Happy birthday on Monday to you three. That's my mama's birthday too.....

Hugz,
    Tona
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

many happy returns of the day :)
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Birthday Bump
  5. spacee

spacee Member

I am feeling kinda of sad. I forgot my Twin's birthday. I will overnite her a card on Monday which will be fine since we don't exchange gifts. She will be ok with it.

I just feel like my mind is sooooooo bad and this just confirms it. Oh well, things could be worse (and they have been come to think of it).

Thanks all.

Spacee

PS. I have a calendar in my bathroom and by the computer. Will try to use them!
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Last year I forgot my birthday and my anniversary until I was reminded by family.

I now use the computer as my brain. I have reminders that pop up constantly with alerts. I start the reminders 1 week before an event and keep resetting it over & over until my brain gets it. Even when it gets to the appointment day, I start the reminder for early morning and have it go off every hour until it is time to leave. By doing it that way, I know when to get up, start dressing, or whatever I have to do.

It's really sad but I do think God for my computer or I would not remember very much.

I truly hope you and your twin have a great day. My birthday is on the 29th. We Virgos are good people. Do you like for things to be "perfect" too?
  7. spacee

spacee Member

Thanks for the tip about the computer reminders. I will have to get someone to show me how to do it. I am barely computer literate. lol But it does sound like exactly what I need. I will look around in "tools" or those other mysterious things at the top of the page.

A long time ago I was a perfectionist. CFS, 3 sons and a hubby who AREN'T rubbed it out of me. I finally learned that I could OUT WAIT the mess and it would eventually get cleaned up. But I do kinda miss the perfectionist...nothing like a job well done!

Happy Birthday to YOU, fellow Virgo!!

Hugs,

Spacee
  8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Do you have Microsoft Office 2003 on your computer?
  9. spacee

spacee Member

Hubby showed me that we have Microsoft Windows XP 2002. That's all I know.

I guess I go to the start button and open someething up...right??? lol Oh, this is tooo much!!

Spacee
  10. keke466

keke466 New Member

Happy birthday to all. Sweetie so nice of you to keep track of all the bd's.

Keke
  11. spacee

spacee Member

Feeling really stupid. And my husband works on a computer all day. It came to be that YES we do have Word 2003.

I don't know if you will be able to get back to me on this since it is your birthday Tues. But wanted to let you know that I do have it.

((((HUGS)))))

Spacee

PS I found the "calendar" section. Not sure how to set it up but probably could get someone from where my hubby works to stop by...only 5 minutes away. Looks like something really good.[This Message was Edited on 08/27/2006]
  12. JLH

JLH New Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you all!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a fantastic day!!!!!

Birthday Hugs,
    jlh
  13. mafusula

mafusula New Member

for you kind wishes. My birthday was sad too as my mother who I care for and has dementia has forgotten it. The first time in 55 years but I didn't mention it to her in case she got upset.

Take care
    Gayl
  14. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

My husband bought and installed Microsoft Office 2003 for me to help with our major problem. I'm running Windows XP also. I think it cost around $300 I think.

I used this program at work. It is what my emails go through too. It has a contact section where you can get up with every one's personal info, a task list, and the calendar. I use all of those.

This has helped me more than anything else. My cognitive problems are bad. When I wrote things on paper, I would just loose it.

I even use the computer to make grocery list. I use Microsoft Word and start a list each week. I also start a document when I know I am going to the doctor. I make a list as "things happen" that I need to talk to them about or I forget. I also keep a document on Word of all my supplements and prescriptions and print it before I go to an appointment. I also have a detailed list of all my surgeries. It is my new brain.

I hope you get someone to help you. If I can help, please let me know.

15. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

It is sad as we watch our parents age and change and we are sick and we still need them to take care for us.

At the beginning of my illness, my parents were there for me just like they had been all my life. Then there were very hurtful things that happened. I finally realized that they are beginning to show signs of their age also. I think my illness helped push it along. They can't deal with not understanding what is wrong and their age and their abilities to do and think have declined so much.

I am thankful that they still remember it is going to be my birthday though. They are going to buy a cake for me. Until this year it would have been a big deal but no one feels like doing anything anymore including me.

I'm sorry your Mom did not remember. That has to hurt. Don't you wish that our lives would not have changed so much? You did the right thing by not upsetting her. You are a good daughter.

I want to commend you for caring for her. I can't imagine how hard that is for you.

I do hope you found something that made you happy on YOUR DAY.

16. spacee

spacee Member

1Sweetie, I am VERY excited about getting the Window thingy set up (what did I ever do before "thingy" was invented?? I just remembered that my son and dil are going to be here for about two weeks before they move. Surely, surely one of those two geeks can show me the ropes. That is so wonderfull all the stuff it can do!

Gayl, my deep sympathy for your mom's condition and for you. My mother went through that with her mother. Her mother lived to be 93...so I do have vivid memories of it. Difficult is an understatement for sure.

Hugs to all,

Spacee
  17. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

a day to celebrate your uniqueness and for everyone to let you know how happy they are that you are here!

Patti
  18. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

Thanks all !!! Mine was sunday and I am now 49 !!! wow
  19. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Let me know how it works for you. Do you have sensory overload also? I have found how to change the computer to help with that alsso.
  20. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I apologize for putting your birthday on the board for the wrong date and I didn't even have your name right on the title. Please forgive me.

It's hard for me to keep things straight but I hope you had a great day even if I messed up. Hey, you can just celebrate 2 days.

Happy Birthday 8-27-06