Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nixon, Mar 14, 2009.

1. nixon

nixon New Member

I figured that I’d reply to you in a NEW post, as this won’t quite fit in with the SIMON WESSELY topic!!
    Yes, it is a shame that I had to endure all of that, I hung in there at work until I thought I was going to die! (Not actually die-but you understand) The one good thing that came of it was I did meet & take care of some really nice people!! I think the added stress on my body may have contributed to my health continuously failing & progressing.
    My family did then realize just how sick I was, especially my dh. He understands when I’m doing really bad…..unable to cook dinner…..this past month I’ve been in a living hell-Levaquin induced. It really did a number on my legs!! I was barely able to walk, felt so darn bad that I wasn’t even able to shower for 5 days……that’s not like me at all……they knew I was in BAD shape.
    My mom still baffles my mind occasionally……not realizing how bad I am….Today while speaking to her on the phone she said “Boy you looked REALLY bad yesterday”……”I’m worried about you”….. I said to her, “ Did you think I was kidding around, this WHOLE last month” as every time I spoke with her I told her I was doing really horrible. It made me wonder….which part of really horrible didn’t you understand??
    My dad has FMS/CFS, but has been kind of in a “remission” for the past 8 yrs., he was Dx with it long before I ever was. I’m glad he has been well though, as he has heart problems, PAD, and diabetes, once in a while he has a tired or painfilled day, but not to the degree I’ve had to deal with, I’d classify my case as SEVERE.

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Yeah, I would say it sounds like your case is quite severe....I really feel for you, and I wish so much that someone would find something that really helps all of us, but I am very glad that you have an understanding and helpful husband. Sometimes it really scares me that I could get worse and not have anyone around to help, but on the other hand, so many people just really don't get it, I wouldn't want to be with someone who made it worse by not understanding. My parents kind of used to do that, and I don't even live with them. They seem to finally be understanding somewhat, but I had to laugh when I read your comments about your mom, because I so totally understand what you mean. It's like my parents get it and yet they completely don't all at the same time, if that makes sense.

I'm glad that you are able to see some good (the people you met) out of having had to work while you were so sick. Sometimes I can actually find some blessings in this illness, but other times it is so hard to do. The last month was about the worst I have ever felt, but I actually managed to find more of a peace about it all than I have felt before. Being so sick actually strengthened my faith. The weird thing is, though, that I figured out what was making things so much worse (bad reaction to MSM - too bad bc it was helping with the pain)....but anyway, now that I am doing a little better, I am actually having a more difficult time dealing with being sick....kind of weird. Oh well, I will be ok, though....the last month has shown me that.

I am not really sure why I wrote this last part. I think it has something to do with finding blessings even in this illness, but I lost my train of thought, and anyway, this wasn't supposed to be about me. I wanted to say something encouraging to you.....sorry I got sidetracked. Anyway, I do hope that the Levaquin induced hell gets better for you.
  3. nixon

nixon New Member

I'm sorry to hear that this past month was SOOO bad for you, I also had tried MSM a few years back, and it made me really sick too-I guess some people just can't tolerate it?? That is ashame because I know it helps alot of people GREATLY! My dad says that's what "cured him", although I see that once in a while he still has a few days that aren't so great, and he doesn't put 2+2 together, but I do!!! I just advise him to listen to his body and get some rest, eat better, and drink water (which he doesn't like to do)

We live in the desert- Las Vegas area, and out here you need to drink water like a camel! LOL- sometimes I think that I drink TOO MUCH water. I've had to educate both of my parents about how to live and eat healthy......sounds funny the daughter teaching the parents. My mom thanks me all the time for what a great wealth of knowledge I am.

I can relate to what you mean about "worry about if you'd get really sick & not have anyone there to help take care of you".....the way I relate is that I have no children (except a 4-legged furball cat-LOL) and my husband is 10 yrs. older than me. I may not have anyone to care for me when/if I get really old. I tell my parents all of the time if something bad would happen to either of them that I'd do my BEST to try and take care of them, let them move in w/ me if need be!! They are divorced but still best friends- hell my dad lives with her right now, he's kinda a gypsy- moving all over the country with my brother. Dad & Bro will be leaving the end of this month to go back east to look for a new place to live!! I don't mind that you were telling me about what you've been dealing with lately.....NOW I know I'm not the ONLY one who can't tolerate MSM!!! I too try to find blessings everyday......although I must admit, some days are much harded than others!! LOL!! I'm sure I'll be feeling alot better soon- pain meds help me tremendously and I'm on a new one- so far so good......the only exception is my left knee, but at least I'm up walking pretty much like a "normal" human being now!! Even through all of the misery I've endured, I still try to find humor in everyday life!! I truly believe humor is WONDERFUL for the soul......I've been living in droopy drawers & big t-shirts this past month, and after dinner today ( I actually felt well enough to stand in the kitchen & cook today!! Yippee!!) My husband had to make a comment about how the rear end was about at my knees.....I started to get upset and told him that if he felt like I have this past month he'd be wearing droopy drawers too, but then we got a GREAT laugh about it...the OH SO SEXY droopy drawers!! It was a gas, laughter is good, and you've got to be able to laugh at yourself!! Even though my mom can drivr me absolute "BATTY", I get mad.....but still seem to laugh about the craziness of it....I've been sick since Jan. 2005, but finally DX in May 'o6. You'd think she'd "get it" by now, but I have to remind myself she doesn't live w/me and see all that I've dealt with. Nice chatting w/ you!! I hope you continue feeling better, drink lots of water....that should help get some of that out of your system.