Author Seeks Interview Subjects

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Sep 3, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Author Carol Sveilich just released a unique book on coping with chronic illness and pain entitled "JUST FINE: Unmasking Concealed Chronic Illness and Pain."

It features candid profiles of 55 men and women who live with difficult-to-manage health conditions and illnesses, including chronic pain. Yet, these disorders don’t reveal themselves in the person’s appearance. In other words, the 55 men and women featured in her book, and millions of others across the country, look “just fine” to those around them . . . even while coping with challenging and ongoing symptoms.

Carol and her co-author Miriam Iosupovici are currently looking for participants to feature in a new book that will focus primarily on mood disorders and the special challenges of living with: clinical depression, social and generalized anxiety disorder, phobias, panic attacks, depression related to living with a chronic illness or ongoing pain, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress syndrome, postpartum depression, seasonal affective disorder, and many others.

If you or someone you know lives with one of these easily concealed disorders and would like to be profiled in or interviewed for this unique project, please contact Miriam: zevsmom@cox.net or Carol: writefaceforward@yahoo.com If you are a professional (social worker, therapist, psychologist) who works with this population, the authors would also like to interview you as well. All interviews can be conducted via email.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, I tried writing. Computer says the address is no good.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

rockgor:

I just tried both addresses to see what happens. I'll let you know if both email addresses come back undelivered, too.

Janet
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I emailed both addresses as listed above, and I just received a reply from Carol. Her email address is: writefaceforward@yahoo.com and it is correct as listed in the above article.

I did not receive an "undeliverable" message from Miriam's address, so I would think it was OK. If I receive a confirmation from Miriam, I will let you know.

Could you have made a mistake when typing in one of the email addresses?????

Hugs,
    Janet
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Janet

I tried two versions of the address and neither worked. You say neether, I say ni-theer.

No, I didn't make a mistake because I never makes mistakes. Oh, wait. I forgot. I've given up being a perfectionist.

Well, I cut and pasted so I know I didn' type it wrong. I will gave it another go when I have the energy. Thanks.