AUTOIMMUNE AND TF IS IT SAFE?????

Discussion in 'Transfer Factor' started by justme7, Nov 30, 2007.

1. justme7

justme7 New Member

I have IC (bladder disease) which is auto-immune, i also have a history of endometrioisis which is theriod to be an auto-immune disorder and for the last 2 years i have had symptoms of myasthenia gravis - yet another auto-immune disease. I tried taking colostrum but it seemed to worsen the muscle weakness in my face hands and eyes. I started taking standard tf and the symptoms are still the same.
    does anyone know if it is ok to take??? The place i bought it from says it is to modulate an over active immune system and help relieve auto-immune disorders.
    I am really worried and scared - should i keep taking it?
    Thanks for any help
  2. spacee

spacee Member

Of course, the best thing would be to be under the care of a doctor who understands CFS AND Transfer Factor but that isn't available for some of us.

My rule of thumb is if it makes me WORSE...not sick as in the pathogens being killed, then I don't take it.

I wouldn't take it myself.

You might try posting a thread to LisaPetersen on the other board. She is a patient of Dr. Guyer who likes TFs maybe she might know more.

Spacee
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

You are the first person I've run across here who has Myasthenia Gravis, as I do.

Are you on Mestinon? Does it work for you?

Were you positive on any of the tests for it? I wasn't.

Not to hijack your TF post, maybe we could keep in touch on the "Health" Board?

findmind
  4. spacee

spacee Member

I have recently been diagnosed with Lupus and have antibodies to sjogren's syndrome. Or in other words, I seem to have several autoimmune illnesses.

I have googled the MG symptoms cause I have a lot of muscle weakness. I have pathetic docs. They either don't believe I am sick (despite positive labs) or try to "assure" me that others have it "worse". I am not a complainer...I just give my medical history which must translate into "she has GOT to be embellishing".

Hope you get some good help with the MG!!

Spacee