AUtumn is here and FM flaring bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Engel, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Engel

Engel New Member

Gosh I can sure tell the change of seasons! I can barely move! It is cold and damp and I am miserable. I am in Ohio and my thermometer on my back porch read 36 degree F this morning. I did fairly well with the dry summer but now I am hurting so badly. Is this happening to any of you?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

hi engel

yes the weather is a big impact on me. Especially if it drops fast.

Today is rainy(utah) and Iam feeling it.

Not looking forward to winter.

take care keep warm(altho not to warm)
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

So far I have found that this is the only thing that makes me flare. The cold and wet rainy weather we get here in WA state. Each year it gets harder to face as it starts here in the fall and doesn't end for 9 months. Each year I fight getting so down about it. My husband is looking for a new job in a different state so I can feel better. You will see that we have alot more people posting on here as the weather changes as most of us come to a screeching halt. At least we are not totally alone. P
  4. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

I think some of it is to do with getting less sunlight, and so we are not able to make enough vit D. Perhaps you could try a couple of short sessions under a sunbed? Just on a low level for 20 mins? That might help. There are also light boxes for SAD which do a similar thing, I think. They're not too expensive - about £50-70 over here.

I know this won't solve it, but it may help a little :)
  5. OMG YES! I LOVE autumn BUT my body doesn't. Hopefully this pain doesn't last.
  6. weencie

weencie New Member

I was doing good this summer and the wham it got cold last night and I am really hurting today. Hope it is not a long winter! This happens to me every fall, I always think I have it licked until the first cold spell, oh well, life will go on. Hope you feel better- heating pads and hot baths work for me.
  7. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I live in New Hampshire. I love the vibrantcolor of the trees. I hate the dampness though. I think my body hurts more just thinking of the winter to come. My arthritis has been bad enough during past winters, but if we have a bad winter I don't know what I'll do.