Away from friends and family

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by artseyone, May 12, 2006.

1. artseyone

artseyone New Member

Two years ago my husband was transferred to Indiana from my home town of Louisiana. My family and friends are there..Now they all understood about my fibro and cfs and I didn't have to explain. Although I didn't socialize a lot I knew they were there for me if I needed them.
    Here I find the people aren't as friendly and the weather is horrendous, so I've really been isolating..Funny thing is I have expectations of doing volunteer work, going w/husband at night to some event and more importantly working in my studio..But the bed calls me back. And,I feel self conscious..I've lost down to 98 lbs..and I look like I'm a concentration camp survivor..It takes so much for me to go to church..My husband is another religion so that means 2 church services..I feel like I look bad, feel bad and hate to have to explain..All the people at the hubby's church ask if my back problems are over and aches and pains are a natural part of aging.
    I long to make a friend who understands..
    Thanks for listening..I will add that I am getting the best medical treatment here. Three of my drs all work together...Been depressed since childhood and am getting meds from the psychiatrist..300 mgs of Effexor and 450 of lithium...I am not bipolar...
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

What does your doctor say about your weight loss? It sounds like you have a malabsorption problem...Hopefully that is being addressed.

I used to live in Indiana- in Bloomington. I visited Terre Haute once- I hope the weather gets nicer for you. I liked Bloomington except it did get awfully humid in the summer.

I hope you consider people on this board to be friends...when you are lonely for Louisiana, just write to us here. Take care and ((hugs)) Terri
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Two church services does seem like a bit much. Would your husband consider attending just one church service per Sunday and alternating churches? I now listen to church on the radio.
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

artsyone i really feel for you really i do.
    Im so sorry youre suffering as much as you are its no fun when you have severe pain like we all do.
    Dont forget youre part of my enormous fibro family & however bad the pain gets theres always someone here for you.
    If you ever need a friend promise me you wil mail me & i will get back to you as soon as i can.
    You have made a friend who understands you so there you go!
    And there are a whole lot of people on here who will also understand so you wil;l have a lot of new friends you are soo lucky!
    You take care.
    Fibrolady37.