Awesome picture.....see my profile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sues1, Jan 1, 2007.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

I was "blown away" by this concept and engineering.

I thought I would share it.

2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

That is amazing!! I think I might be afraid to drive down there! But I can appreciate the engineering, planning and work it took to create it! Thanks for sharing, Kim :)
  3. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I plan on going on that bridge in May when we go to Denmark. It is some great engineering alright.
  4. mommygee

mommygee New Member

Thanks for sharing. That's amazing.
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

that is really amazing.

Thanks for posting.

6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I've always been impressed by the Chunnel, but I didn't realize there was such a bridge and tunnel between Sweden and Denmark. That would be fun to drive, indeed.
  7. paulmack

paulmack New Member

luv the photo,looks amazing.How do they do that???
    Would love to go thro that tunnel,
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Very Interesting! Wow! an under water tunnel Highway? Thanks for sharing.,,,,,,,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2007]
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

It's in Newport News VA. Have driven threw it many times on my way to VA Beach. It has a peir and a resturant tourist area.

I don't think it is a long as the one here. The engineering is amazing. I once worked as a project secertary for a construction company that built bridges.

Any Richmond VA people here. My project was the widening of the James River bridge from 4 lanes to 6 lanes. My ex built 2 other bridges in KY and I would go watch to see how they did it. It was built over a dam.

Sorry got carried away. I love things like this. Carla
  10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

If you come back to this post, does the one in Virginia look like a regular tunnel inside? How tall and wide is it (approx.) Just curious... Kim:)