awful "brain fatigue"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yellowbird, Sep 29, 2005.

1. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

For 1 1/2 years now i have had this awful, mental fatigue. if i talk on the phone or use the computer for longer than, say 10-15 mintues a day, my brain starts to feel like squashed hamburger & if i really push it i can wind up with a 'relapse' & be unable to talk on the phone or use the computer for more than a few tiny minutes per day. It can then take me months to build back up to 10-15 mins. I find this extremely disabling as i live alone, am housebound and have noone who can help with sometimes necessary phone calls. Also it is of course very isolating.

anyone else have this?

yellowbird

2. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Exactly the same, when I talk on the phone whether it be for personal business or a friendly telephone call, or work at the computer like you do, I sure do "crash" terribly to the point where I can hardly walk! I totaly understand, it is one of the main symptoms of CFS: the inability to tolerate either physical or mental activity or a relapse will occur. Take care, my dear. Marie
  3. Gail8899

Gail8899 New Member

I have this too. I find that it is worse for me than the pain.

Getting anyone who does not have it themselves to understand is impossible.

..Gail
  4. JimB

JimB New Member

B12 might help.(There are two types tho).

Excerpts from Dr. Cheney's Report:

Dr. Paul Cheney’s
    Treatment pyramid for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFIDS)
    by Dr. Paul Cheney
    ImmuneSupport.com

- Magnesium is an important element. They are magnesium depleted.

- Extra vitamin E because they’re vitamin E depleted.

In chronic fatigue syndrome patients,
    two thirds of them have no detectable B-12 in their brains, even though their blood levels are normal.
    We use high doses. We prefer hydroxycobalamin, and perhaps methylcobalamint.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My(Jim's)Comment:
    DID YOU READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH ??!!! WOW!
    Cyanocobalamin is the normal B12.
    Methylcobalamin** (neuro-B12) is form of B12 that gets PAST the blood brain-barrier to the brain.

** You can buy this in sublingual(absorbed under the tongue)
    Tablets.
    Jim
  5. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

have been taking the same meds a long time, & need the one's i'm on too...i doubt it's that... maybe i should try magnesium though.
    how does one know what kind & what dose?
  6. moonbeam032365

moonbeam032365 New Member

I know how everyone feels i just cannot concentrate on anything. My brain feels like its on over load all the time. I can't think and have a hard time spelling . I also find it hard to keep up in a conversation. I find my self asking people to repeat what they say . And that is embarrassing.
  7. emiltim

emiltim New Member

I thought it was just me....
    I can be talking to someone, or at a birthday party,etc.- and I just "shut down". I hate it! It's like I'm overstimulated or something.