Awful pain in hip.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Apr 12, 2007.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I have FM and my wrists and hands evidence it. I have a bad, bad, back (spinal stenosis and scoliosis). My left knee has been bad from that fotr years. My hubby7 can hardly get around - wears a lebg prothesis, had by-pass surgery and wears a pacemake/defibulator. NO ONE, Dr. and family have never suggested I have knee replaced. Our children are not around here and someone has to take care of me and hubby.

Yesgterday morning I got out of bed and the hip on that side hurt so bad i could barely walk - it is a sharp pain that catches when i walk. What is it????

I haD gout in my wrist and hand 2 weeks ago thaet brought tears. Hubby8 had no suggestions. lyesterday and today at coffee, none of the gang asked what was the matter and so far, neither has hubby. The coffee group does not believe the FM is very bad and it is a sore point at home with hubby.

i feel so alone! There is no one to talk to buit you friends. Please give me an idea. I have had a check-up appt. with my Dr. on Sat. - had it for 3 weeks. HYope i last til then.

God Bless us all.

Gentle Hugs
  2. desertlass

desertlass New Member

where the ball and socket joint is, on the outside of your leg, or do you mean on the part of your back that is near the "dimples", above the rear?

Does your pain radiate?

When you say it "catches" do you mean that it is a sharp pain, or do you feel like something is stuck?

What did your doctor have to say?

Lisette
  3. netnut

netnut New Member

I have several types of hip pain. Arent I lucky...lol.

I have arthritis and sciatica and they effect me differently. I have arthritis in both knees very badly and need a double knee replacement so the knees are bad which means my hips take a beating.

If I walk or stand too long...more than 20 or 30 mins at a time, my hips will catch and the socket will feel like it is on fire. I will sometimes literally not be able to stand.

Sciatica runs down the back of my leg from the lower back thru the buttocks.

They all hurt.
  4. Engel

Engel New Member

no one wants to hear about our problems.
  5. Linzey

Linzey New Member

Lilaclover30- I have the same type of pain. It is on the outside of my left hip and is VERY sharp. I can be fine one minute,then move just right,and the pain takes my breath away. I just found out mine could be calcium deposits in my hip joint.
    Have you had xrays yet?
    Linzey
  6. jake123

jake123 New Member

I have hip pain also - on the right side. I can feel it in my right side hiney all the way to my calf. It just burns. I begged my doctor to xray it one time, I just knew it was worn to a nub. There was nothing wrong with the bones. It was fibromyalgia. Inflammation in the muscles.

Make sure you are not sitting in any strange contortion with your legs crossed or something. Put a soft pillow between your legs when you sleep on your side. Don't stand for long periods of time. I nearly fell on Monday from standing just a little too long at a meeting. Use your heating pad. Take care of yourself!!
  7. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I was inspired to write up a new topic explaining my own lower back/hip pain, what I was able to do about it, and where you can find info on it.

that thread is called "for those with bad low back/hip pain"

Hope it helps someone.
    Lisette
  8. annaleeb

annaleeb New Member

I am so sorry . I too have hip pain, and until I found this board, was so alone, it is comforting to have you wonderful folks to talk to every day now. Bless the person who started this forum :)
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

10. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member