Axiety, Depression, and insomia -OH MY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Eagle_Keeper, May 17, 2003.

1. Eagle_Keeper

Eagle_Keeper New Member

Greetings all. I am fairly new here, I used to post off and on a long time ago under a different name but I'm back now. I am having a hard time dealing with a lot of things in my life right now and I feel alone. Now it's at the point where it's affecting my work and it's where I can't sleep and my apatite sucks.
    I feel so alone in a room with my closest friends as far as the relationship I'm in .. I feel worse because his friends totally alienate me and don't accept me. I have tried my hardest and it's really tough to cope especially since he's the most important thing in my life right now.
  2. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

From the title of your post, you at least haven't lost your sense of humor! It may be hard to remember, but YOU are an important person too. You can't control other people ... only yourself. Take care of yourself as best you can!

Are you taking anything for sleep? Good sleep sure does put a better spin on the world. Best wishes,
    Hayley
  3. Bacci

Bacci New Member

I read your title and thought, "Me too!". It sure can get the best of you sometimes. I have been dealing with nearly constant anxiety--sometimes over important things, sometimes over nothing important at all. Ever heard of the book "Don't sweat the small stuff" (about not getting stressed over little things)? WEll, my whole existence is about sweating the small stuff! I suffer from depression adn am still looking for soemthing not too harmful to take for that. Then there's the insomnia which keeps me up for three or four hours each night.

It is usually during the late nights of insomnia that I feel most alone;however, I often feel really depressed around my closest friends. I used to have so much to contribute to conversation and now I feel a bit like an outsider. I also feel like I am faking it (trying to act normal when I feel sick) most of the time and often pretend to be having more fun than I am to compensate for not contributing to the conversation.

I am sorry to hear that your boyfriends friends are not being so supportive of you. It is hard enough to find someone who will support you , then to deal with their unsupportive friends is a tough environment. I think you need to be yourself and don't waste your energy on worrying about how they feel. Your boyfriend and his opinion are all that matter. Concentrate on your relationship with him. I think you should try to spend as much time as you can without his friends but don't make it an issue that his friends don't accept you. you don't want to make it a big deal to him or he may feel that you are expecting him to make a choice between you and them.

I am glad that you came back to the board. It is a nice thing to have during hard times. Whatever happens in your personal life, you always have all of us here!!!

Cheers,
    Bacci