Ayurvedic Alternative Medicines contain Mercury and Arsenic.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Feb 9, 2010.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

From the Journal American Medical Association, August 2008. For the rest of the article see:

Robert B. Saper, MD, MPH; Russell S. Phillips, MD; Anusha Sehgal, MD(Ayurveda); Nadia Khouri, MPH; Roger B. Davis, ScD; Janet Paquin, PhD; Venkatesh Thuppil, PhD; Stefanos N. Kales, MD, MPH

CONCLUSION. One-fifth of both US-manufactured and Indian-manufactured Ayurvedic* medicines purchased via the Internet contain detectable lead, mercury, or arsenic.

*Herbs, spices, plants such as ginger, turmeric, and boswellia used for medicinal purposes in AyurvedicAyurvedic medicine (also called Ayurveda) which originated in India and promoted/associated with Deepak Chopra.

ETA I also posted this on the health and alternative board.

[This Message was Edited on 02/10/2010]
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

LOL!! I can't speak for others, but I am speechless at this revelation!! I have heard about this but did not realize the extent of how many people had higher levels of mercury and lead in their blood.

It's scary. I take supplements and want something that is not harmful to my health.

I do know that some of the big name stores are suppose to have "better" vitamins as I am sure PH does.

But there is no guarantee!!

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Fluoride has not been proven to be harmful in the amounts you get in water. I thought this question was settled in the late 1950's when the John Birch Society thought we were all being poisoned.

I guess I don't see your logic. I would think you would get a larger concentration in the pills.

So are you saying it is okay to take the supplements?

Your argument is just a tactic to divert attention away from what this topic is really about.

[This Message was Edited on 02/10/2010]
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

This topic has nothint to do with people believing in Auyravedic. It has to do with the quality of the supplements.

The antibiotics like Cipro have flouride in greater amounts than water. I will not touch Cipro, etc. I took it for years for UTI's and fortunately had no damage.

I have done lots of research on Fluoride as I also look at the WHOLE PICTURE.

We will have to agree to disagree. I will do my best to defend science/evidence based medicine, not to argue but to inform.

5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I also posted this on the health and alternative boards. Some people think that the cure for FM is supplements so this is relevant.

I think I mentioned to you that I am paid by big pharma. The pennies add up.

Are you a lobbyist for or get paid by Orrin Hatch? A lot of us have been wondering.

Have a good day.