B-12 + MAGNESIUM SULFATE INJECTIONS ANYONE???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wen, Sep 23, 2002.

1. wen

wen New Member

I FINALLY GOT MY INTERNET BACK HI GUYS I MISSED YOU.
    MY NEW DOC WANTS ME TO TRY 3 TIMES A WEEK INJECTIONS FOR MUSCLE FATIGUE ANYONE HEARD OF THIS?? PROS CONS??
  2. wen

wen New Member

I FINALLY GOT MY INTERNET BACK HI GUYS I MISSED YOU.
    MY NEW DOC WANTS ME TO TRY 3 TIMES A WEEK INJECTIONS FOR MUSCLE FATIGUE ANYONE HEARD OF THIS?? PROS CONS??
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

But I've not heard of magnesium sulfate injections? Are they done together? Is it all in one compound? Just curious.

Barbara
  4. WVMountaineer

WVMountaineer New Member

I think they have helped me. The doctor I used to go to gave them to me weekly along with B6 and Depomedrol (for pain). After three or four injections, I felt much better, and usually that was pretty good for about six months. It was extremely helpful but he has retired and I find that the doctors I now go to have their own way. I even took my records so they would know what really helps...but as I said...they all have their own way.
  5. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

Hi Wen,
    My doc prescribed high dose B12 injections for my fatigue.
    I have had 11 (10,000 mcg hydroxocoblamin) in 3 weeks. I dont feel any difference yet.
    My red cell magnesium was vey low 2 months ago (1.35). So I am taking magnesium tablets. I am having my levels checked in 6 weeks time. If they have not gone up then my doctor will give magnesium sulphate injections. I have been off work now for 14 weeks due to chronic fatigue. I hope I can get it sorted soon. I am also soaking my self in epsom bath salts(magnesium sulphate), in the hope my skin will absorb some magnesium.

Satin
  6. roro

roro New Member

If you have a dr willing to do this, you should do it. I had meyers cocktail, which id B12, Mg, and C, and other stuff, and it helped me feel better when I was really run down. I didnt feel better immediately, but after about a week. I am now doing IV vitamin C for my hepatitis. I feel MUCH better.