B 12 sublingual...anyone know?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Has anyone had any luck with it? I am low on B12 and have to get mo. injections. I asked my dr. if I could also take b12 subl. and she said no. But the injection doesn't seem to help, I wonder what it could hurt taking it in pill form? Anyone know?
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I took B-12 supplements for a year and it never helped. When I told my doctor this she said to throw them away it was a waste of money. I was shocked that she said this.

However, since it didn't help me at all I believe she is right.

I have never had B-12 injections so I can't give advice on that.

Good luck.
  3. hope4today

hope4today New Member

I bought the sublingual B12...found it FABULOUS!
    First - no needles in sore fibro muscles!
    I took it for pain and found it helped alot.I am able to lift more and go further distances without ending up in a flare. The amazing thing is the way it reactivated my large bowel. I was told I might need surgery down the road. Now I have no problems at all.

This product is available easily in my healthfood store and is an inexpensive supplement. My GP has recommended it to some of her patients who are unable to keep their Vit B12 levels consistant between in injections

However, my 25 yr old daughter with fibro did not recieve too much benefit...my 23 yr old son with mild fibro did! Don't
    know what their levels were.

4. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I had a deficiency a few years ago and was quite ill.

I did have the injections for a while, but now I use the sublinguals and my numbers always come up fine.

Good Luck

Sue in Ontario
  5. Jayna

Jayna New Member

before my muscles & nerves became less sensitive and I could tolerate the shots again.

Although 'they' say sublingual is just as effective as shots, it wasn't for me.

The shots do way more for my pain, cognition and sleep depth than the sublinguals do, so I'm really glad to be back on them, even at half-doses for now.

6. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

i have used b12 sublingual for about 1 year now and it helps. I had a gastric bypass 7 years ago so my body does not do well with pills because of the malabsorption. so my surgeon recommends sublingual and chewable pills such as vitamins or calcium, etc.. I took b12 shots before and I hated them I was always in so much pain after the shot. so now with the sublingual tablets it so much easier and nicer. dr also says that it goes directly into the blood stream quicker. my hand doctor also recommended i take b12 since i was having problems with my hands. I had a slight case of carpul tunnel. which he said lack of vitamin b and b12 would help with pain and symptoms and sure enought it did no problems with hands anymore. also my gastric bypass surgeon said you cannot take to much vitamin b because your body will discard what it does not use. Your body will only absord what it needs. I was just diagnosed with FM last week. so now I can add more meds to my already long list. Also another thing my rhuemy told me that could be causing my pain or at least enhancing it is fosamax plus D. I have osteoporosis also. that is why i take fosamax. so my gyn changed my meds. also said to stay off of fosamax for 8 weeks to see if that helps.