B vitamins? Dr. told me.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Aug 24, 2008.

1. My family dr. gives me B12 injections monthly, but told me to take B vitamins as they may help give me energy. I didn't think to ask which ones? Does anyone know which she would be talking of?
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am not sure, maybe you should ask your doctor. My daughter has a friend with CFS and her doc told her to take super B complex and a Centrum vitamin 3 times a day along with Vit. D 3 and Omega 3.

My daughter called and wants me to try this combo as it has helped her friend so much.

Since my D3 is low think I will give this combo a try.

Good Luck,

3. thats what I was wondering, do you have to take all the b vitamins separately?! (except for subl. b12? Or are they grouped together?
  4. Jayna

Jayna New Member

or twice on bad days, that has all the B's. I've found the timed-release ones better than the cheaper versions.

This plus my weekly B12 shot and daily sublingual B12 keeps me calm, cuts through some of the brain fog, and helps my sleep depth.
  5. jayna....you get the shot PLUS take b12 sublingual. Maybe I will try that, dr. said no, but the mo. injections aren't helping.
  6. mujuer

mujuer New Member

sublingually (sp) are sold right here. They are supposed to be the best out there. I have been taking them and have done really done really well with lots of energy. P
  7. Jayna

Jayna New Member

the reason I started this (with my dr's blessing) was that I was having digestion issues and the full shots were aggravating that (issue of re-hydration, more below).

I had to go off the shots for a while, and took the sublingual (at 7x the amount of the shot, but to little effect) only for a few months.

Now I'm back up a half-shot weekly, and am on the sub-lingual all but 2 days a week to 'fill in' between shots.

The shots have a much better effect on my brain fog and pain levels (except right at the shot site, for a few hours after) and help my sleep depth (If I said that on this thread already, sorry).

Tip: Pain at the injection site is minimized if you push the fluid in a little at a time and wait a few seconds before the next push. Takes me about 30 seconds for 50 ml and a minute for the full 100 ml, but the residual pain and bruised feeling goes away much faster than it used to.

Rehydration: for years, water was going right through me due to mineral deficiencies and possibly a sodium channel mutation. The action of the B12 shots put a demand on my body for water it couldn't supply. It sucked more water out of my digesting food to compensate, and left me chronically constipated.

So my digestive problem was actually a hydration (water) problem, which mostly disappeared within a week when I started drinking water with a balance of sodium and potassium in it (as recommended by Dr. Cheney).

Now I'm working back up on the shots, decreasing the sub-lingual, as each week goes by without triggering the digestion problems (I have enough of those already!).

I hope this helps.
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Generally the B vitamins are taken altogether in a tablet or capsule or as a liquid. When you buy it, it's called B complex, meaning it has all the B's. You can get it in different strengths - e.g., B-50 or B-100, meaning there is generally 50 mg. or 100 mg. of each B vitamin in the complex. So your doctor wants you to take a B complex, which has all the Bs.

B12 is often taken separately (even though there's a little bit in the complex) because we tend to be so deficient in it. It's often difficult to absorb B12 so the best ways to take are either by injection or sublingually, or both. My doctor has me doing four B12 shots a week - 5,000 mcg. each of hydroxocobalamin (a form of B12), so I do 17 or 18 shots a month. I don't know how much B12 you're getting in your one monthly injection, but it's quite possible you may need more and sublingually would be the way to go.

You can buy B complex as a liquid which is supposed to be one of the best ways to take it. Another good form is called Coenzyme B complex - which is supposed to be more bioavailable than regular B complex formulas. Country Life makes a good one. Or just try a regular B complex formula. You can ask at your health food store for a good one.

9. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

I've been taking a B complex for the past several years called Coenzymate B Complex. Its a sublingual, contains all of the essential b vitamins & is orange flavored, so the taste is easy to handle.

This supplement was recommended to me by a friend who is very knowledgeable in the areas of CFS/FM & mercury/amalgam detox protocols.

I've had very good results w/this particular brand over the years. it is available through most of the on-line vit companies & is relatively inexpensive.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2008]