B12 and D

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rkidd3423, Jan 31, 2012.

1. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Well, I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago because I was feeling even MORE crappy than usual. The doctor ran blood work. They mailed me a letter which I received yesterday. I am severely deficient in vitamins B12 and D. I think that explains why I have no energy and I'm sick all the time. I have to start going for a monthly B12 shot and I have to take vitamin D over the counter. I just feel like it's always something! In the past 3 years I have been diagnosed with fibro, myofascial pain syndrome, degenerative disc disease, polycystic ovary syndrome, acid reflux and irritable bowel. I am only 41 years old and I'm falling apart. I'm a single mom and it's just so hard to deal with raising kids and feeling awful. I am severely depressed and I just hope that something gives soon. Sorry to vent!

2. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Thanks so much for replying to my post. I am on Prilosec and I heard that it may cause my B12 to drop as well so I'm sure I will need extra in order to get it back in the safe range.

I just want to feel normal again. I have been in pain since I was 18 and it's slowly taking it's toll on me. Working full time is very difficult too!
  3. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I have dealt with acid reflux issues most of my life. I used to be on Protonix. The doctor prescribed the Prilosec 2 weeks ago because I was having a lot of stomach issues. I was throwing up almost every day and of course having the other at least 5 or 6 times a day. I continue to lose weight which isn't ALL bad but he is worried about the toll my stomach is taking on my body. The Prilosec really hasn't helped much at all. I still get sick most days...a lot of that is due to the pain. When I hurt really bad I get sick at my stomach and usually get sick. I'm just at my wits end with all of it to be honest. My life is falling apart and I don't even feel like trying to keep it together anymore!

thanks for listening!

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

ProHealth sells a sublingual B12 vitamin here which is so much better in terms of absorbsion. In fact, all their products are of the highest quality and reasonably priced.

Love, Mikie
  5. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

I share many of your issues. I have been hospitalized in the past for digestive issues & continue to suffer from them. I have been on Prilosec & other pills. Nothing seemed to help until I took the following steps.

I radically overhauled my diet. Low fat, no fake fats or sugars, no high fructose corn syrup,no msg. I read the ingredients of everything I buy. No fast food. Lots of fresh veggies & fruits. All natural ingredients. I add fresh ginger to many foods.

I began taking a ginger capsule 3 times a day with meals. The difference has been amazing. Better results than any antacid that I have used. Walgreens often has a 2 for 1 deal on them. I also take acidophilous capsules & for dessert in the evening, I eat greek yogurt. I try not to eat anything after 8 pm so that I am not going to bed with a full stomach.

I have also been found to need vitamin D. It has made a difference. You might want to take a look at ProHealth products. I use several of them & they have made a difference.

6. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

My diet is really bad. It's 1 thing I have never been able to control. I used to be overweight and I have tried to eat healthy but it's so hard for me because all of my favorite foods are hot and spicy. I have limited those a great deal. I eat cereal for breakfast...no added sugar. I eat pastas and soups and sandwiches for lunch. I usually try to eat a small dinner before 7 each night. Water is what causes it to act up so much for me and that's strange!

I will try the ginger capsules and see if that helps. I need to start trying to eat more healthy foods. I guess I rely on the comfort foods too much because I stay depressed a lot. I'm sure the B12 shots and the vitamin D will make a difference as well.

Thanks for the advice!

7. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I am a big ball of stress all the time. I'm not in a good relationship. It's tough to get out of when you care for someone...especially when your health is so bad. I don't take very many pain meds anymore. I am down to 1/2 or 1 Percocet a day...rarely do I take more than 2. I really need to focus on me and start doing some more healthy things. I think once I get my vitamin B12 and D right then I may have more energy to do the things that I need to do to be healthy!

Thanks for ALL the great advice!!!

8. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Life really shouldn't be this hard. I know if I get out of this relationship then my health will improve. It's just very scary being alone...and sick all the time!