B12 injections not working anymore??? Anyone else??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chasue, Aug 8, 2005.

1. chasue

chasue New Member

Hi all, haven't posted for awhile ....

Things have been going on nicely for awhile but am now finding my b12 injections and magnesium tablets don't seem to be having the same effect for me anymore...

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did they do????

I'm so scared to go back to the way things where...
    Any replies would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Chasue
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My B-12 shots have really never had a discernable effect on me. I began taking them about 7 months ago, not because of pain or low energy, but because I was losing a lot of hair----one of the many, many tests that my dermatologist ran was a B-12 deficiency (though I was taking a lot of B-12 orally). The test showed a lack of B-12, so I started the shots.

Certainly hasn't helped the hair loss, and I haven't noticed any other benefits. I just take them because I'm supposed to & because insurance pays for it.

Is it possible you need more (since you previously were helped by it) or at least to have your blood levels tested again?

Good luck,
    Pam
  3. chasue

chasue New Member

for your replies it's good to hear others options and what has and hasn't worked for them.

Thanks
    Chasue
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you thought of asking your doctor to up the dose of magnesium?

Sometimes I have to increase the amount of magnesium that I take to get the same results. Especially if I am having a stressful time. We just burn up the magnesium when we are stressed or angry.

After I have things under control, I can go back to what I was taking before.

Just a thought..............

Shalom, Shirl
  5. chasue

chasue New Member

i will certainly try that.... it makes alot of sense..
    Chasue
  6. ally51

ally51 New Member

I just started getting B-12 shots once a month and was wondering how much the dosage was that you get. Also, how much magnesium do you take? Would appreciate any advice as am new to this treatment and this board.
  7. chasue

chasue New Member

I have been having 1-2 injections per week of 2ml methylcobalamin..... and also taking 2 x tablets (100mg each) of magnesium. I have found the injections of magnesium work better than the tablets.
    Good luck
    Chasue
  8. chasue

chasue New Member

for ally