B12 Injections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2BPainfree, Dec 1, 2002.

1. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

I can't beleive how good I feel!!
    I had my Doc give me a B12 injection before I left for a thanksgiving vacation.....unbelievable! I have always felt like my body is nutritionally depleted in something, wouldn't it be great if this could at least help!!

The next day after the injection I noticed I felt very
    "balanced" and actually had a sense of "well-Being!"
    I didn't have any of the up & down feelings from stress and low blood sugar....just felt...."even" for lack of a better word.

As a nurse I often used to give B12 injections to patients when I did home health Nrsg. Funny...I just forgot about them! My Doctor gave me a prescription & vials so I could do the injections at home, HURRAY! Hope it keeps helping!

Has anyone else noticed a difference from B12 Injections?

Might be a good thing to ask for monthly from your doctor...certainly couldn't hurt!! (Has to be IM Injection, Most of the Vit B12 in oral form gets destroyed in the stomach so we end of getting very little in supplements.)

Hope this little pink cloud lasts!!!

Susan/Calif

2. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

I can't beleive how good I feel!!
    I had my Doc give me a B12 injection before I left for a thanksgiving vacation.....unbelievable! I have always felt like my body is nutritionally depleted in something, wouldn't it be great if this could at least help!!

The next day after the injection I noticed I felt very
    "balanced" and actually had a sense of "well-Being!"
    I didn't have any of the up & down feelings from stress and low blood sugar....just felt...."even" for lack of a better word.

As a nurse I often used to give B12 injections to patients when I did home health Nrsg. Funny...I just forgot about them! My Doctor gave me a prescription & vials so I could do the injections at home, HURRAY! Hope it keeps helping!

Has anyone else noticed a difference from B12 Injections?

Might be a good thing to ask for monthly from your doctor...certainly couldn't hurt!! (Has to be IM Injection, Most of the Vit B12 in oral form gets destroyed in the stomach so we end of getting very little in supplements.)

Hope this little pink cloud lasts!!!

Susan/Calif

3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have been giving myself B-12 injections also. I can't say I've noticed such dramatic improvement as you have, but I do notice a difference.

I have both CFS and FM, so that may make a difference. I am currently taking 10,000 mcg three times a week. What are you taking?

Barbara
  4. mellow

mellow New Member

I have been having B12 injections monthly for quite a while now. I didn't notice such a dramatic improvement but I have been much better over the past month. I don't know if this is what caused the change as I have had a change in other meds. as well. I hadn't thought about the B12. Let's hope the improvement lasts. Mellow
  5. MariaS

MariaS New Member

My doctor told me he was going to give me a B12 injection everytime I showed up for an appointment. I was going in every week for a shot. And I did have more energy. However, the shot did not help much with the pain. I don't think I can do the at home injections. Now I take sublingual B12 every morning. I have just begun this so I am not sure if it will be as effective. I sure hope so. I am glad that the B12 is working for you. And I hope it continues!
    Maria
  6. lindasue

lindasue New Member

WAS just telling me to start getting B-12 this past weekend!! She has fibro as well. I was talking to her about my memory laspes. She told me that she has been on B-12 injections for years...(hasn't really helped the pain) But it does help her memory and energy!!! She started with one shot per month..but that didn't really help..she went to two and then three a month...Her doc taught her how to give the injection to herself and now she does it DAILY!!
    She is older than me and REALLY runs circles around me!!
    I did get B-12 shots years ago when I would get my HRT by injection.. They would combine the two together and I do know that I seems to help me some back then...however, my monster disease had not shown it's ugly head completely YET!! I do plan to talk to my doc about the injections when I see him next week. I can't see how it would hurt to give it a try again....just to have a few moments of that "sweet energy" I used to have...and if it helps with my memory.....that will be a wonderful added perk!!!!!!!
    Much love to you all,
    Lindasue
  7. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Sure hope this keeps up..... (Just wanted to post how the B12 is working!)

The B12 injections don't help with the pain, however I have noticed less muscle fatigue and defineatly more energy!! I can think better too! Could this be a placebo effect????
    I really don't think so, especially because I feel so
    "Balanced" Haven't been suffering with the hypoglycemia.
    Who knows.....I just hope this keeps working!

Just passing info along!
    Susan
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

A couple years ago my primary dr had ordered quite alot of bloodwork on me,One of them was to check my B12.When he was giving me all the results...he said my B12 was alittle low/borderline.but he never suggested getting injections.Do you think I would benefit from them?Anybody know or want to give me your thoughts?
    Thanks alot~
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  9. lucky

lucky New Member

When I got B12 injections a while ago, I noticed a change for a couple of hours sometimes, but mostly there was no change, and I finally gave up on them. Great that it helps you and you feel so well after the shots. Kind regards,
    Lucky
  10. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

B12 injections certainly can't hurt...
    (well, mybe a little in the butt, ha, ha!)
    I would recommend them to anyone who is compramised in any way. We all struggle enough from fatigue and pain which puts such a strain on our systems. The B12 is a direct form of getting neccesary vitamins that help support our nervous system, blood formation, spleen & immune support ect, ect, ect

I am definately doing these on a regular basis!!

Ask your Doc what he thinks...most of them have vials in their office ready to be used!

Susan