B12 Methylcobalamin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jedinvest, Dec 11, 2002.

1. jedinvest

jedinvest New Member

Just thought I would tell everyone here about my latest experience with B12 Methylcobalamin sublingual tablets.

I have started taking one or two tablets a day at 5 mg per tablet. It seems to be successful at replacing the 25,000 mcg B12 cyanocobalamin injections I was taking once every two weeks. (It's a little confusing, one is sold in 1,000s of mcg and the other in mg's, but 1 mg = 1000 mcg since mc is micro and m is for milli).

I get the Methylcobalamin from this web site's sponsors as Neuro B12. I think it is the greatest thing since ice cream actually. Compared to getting injections it is very close to ice cream.

Basically, this proves that, at least in my case, the sublingual tablets are roughly equivalent to the injections, possibly requiring up to double the dosage to remain equivalent. The 1 mg cyanocobalamin tablets are not as effective for possibly the reason that it would take too long to get the required effective dose.
  2. jedinvest

jedinvest New Member

Just thought I would tell everyone here about my latest experience with B12 Methylcobalamin sublingual tablets.

I have started taking one or two tablets a day at 5 mg per tablet. It seems to be successful at replacing the 25,000 mcg B12 cyanocobalamin injections I was taking once every two weeks. (It's a little confusing, one is sold in 1,000s of mcg and the other in mg's, but 1 mg = 1000 mcg since mc is micro and m is for milli).

I get the Methylcobalamin from this web site's sponsors as Neuro B12. I think it is the greatest thing since ice cream actually. Compared to getting injections it is very close to ice cream.

Basically, this proves that, at least in my case, the sublingual tablets are roughly equivalent to the injections, possibly requiring up to double the dosage to remain equivalent. The 1 mg cyanocobalamin tablets are not as effective for possibly the reason that it would take too long to get the required effective dose.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I just placed a large order at Pro Health, but will go check the catalog and order the Neuro B-12.

I was waiting for someone to try this first, as I had the shots awhile back, and they gave me too much energy and keep me awake at night!

Thanks for sharing, this is great news!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

I took 13 (10,000mcg) hydroxycoblamin in 3 weeks. They did not make any difference to me. My doctor had prescribed them for energy and short term memory. I am going to try the sublingual one from this site. I know that methylcoblamin is supposed to help more with the brain than the other types of B12.

Satin