B12 shots

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by robbie0813, Aug 15, 2008.

1. robbie0813

robbie0813 New Member

Hi Guys,

I am dealing with exhaustion. I was wondering if any of you that have taken/are taking B-12 shots would tell me if you thing that it helps. I am not sure if my Rhemy would be willing to even consider this but I have got to do something if I hope to be able to keep working and have a life with my family.

2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Seriously, I've tried all sorts of things for energy. You name it and I've tried it. This is one treatment that I won't give up. I do one shot a day.

By the first day, I knew the B12 was helping with a long standing constipation problem. By the end of the 2nd week, I felt like I didn't have CFS anymore.

I'm certain the B12 is working with my entire protocol. It was the last new thing I tried beginning Dec 2007. For me it was like the last missing piece of the puzzle. It would be very unrealistic to have the expectation that just doing the shots would fix things.

It takes a combination approach like treating underlying hormonal deficiencies, fixing vitamin deficiencies, fixing the gut, boosting the immune system and going after chronic infections.
  3. debra if you type in b12 in search u will find tons of posts.

munch how did u get a dr. to let u take daily injections? I get one a mo which doesn't help.

4. robbie0813

robbie0813 New Member

Thanks Munch and Fibrobutterfly!

I am going to ask my rhemy if she would be willing to try this. I am not sure if she will. She is always saying that I need to do aerobic exercise (even in a flare!) That is how it is going to get better!

Anyway, I feel that this might help. I do pretty good Monday and Tuesday but I am dragging by Wed. and by Friday it is all I can do to drive home and not fall asleep. Then I end up sleeping my weekend away and then starting my week all over again on Monday.

I hate that we all have this dd but at least we are here to support one another.

Thanks Guys!

5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

A friend of mine takes the shots weekly but does so mostly for pain and because his B12 levels are low and he needs this just to bring him inline.

I had talked to my doctor about them before but we decided that since my B12 numbers were where they were supposed to be that we would not go this route.

I have never heard of daily shots though.

BILLCAMO New Member

with B12 shots. I used the more natural type from a "compounding" Pharmicist and injected myself. I was up to one injection 6 days a week and none on the 7th.

I was giving my wife some 2 days a week and they were helping her.

Unfortunately , it no longer fits the budget.

Blessings ,

7. homesheba

homesheba New Member

just recently told me about the b 12 shots
    and i was too chicken to get them and give my self
    a shot- but i think now
    that i am going to try after reading here.
  8. spacee

spacee Member

I think they are great and they might help the problem with your toe numbness. That could possibly be a symptom of low B-12.

9. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

I took B12 shots for three months, five times weekly. Then they moved me to once weekly. Now, I take none. I've never noticed any difference in my fatigue level regardless of how much B12 I took.

I wish!!

10. ulala

ulala New Member

IV pushes from Dr. Susan Levine in N.Y. For the next two days I felt completely normal but then went back to the CFS. I now get them sporadically and I think I feel better for several hours the next day but nothing has helped like the IV pushes.

I think that a lot of us will show on our blood tests that our levels are normal when they're really not. It has someting to do with the absorption.

I'd like to take them daily but insurance would never pay.
  11. jinlee

jinlee Member

I get them every 2 weeks and after 4 injections, I am finally seeing a difference.

My B12 blood level was checked and was low. I also have pernicious anemia in my family, father and brother, so they think I probably am getting it.

You can lack intrinsic factor in your stomach and no matter how much B12 you ingest by mouth or sublingual will absorb as intrinsic factor has to be there to absorb.

Ask your doctor to do a B12 blood test. It may be within normal range but the ranges are too off according to doc. The shots are cheap if your doc says you need them. The insurance will pay.

Good luck.
  12. robbie0813

robbie0813 New Member

I am sorry I have not responded. My 16 year old niece came to spend the weekend with me and we have gone shopping and messed around. Needless to say I have not rested and I am sitting in my chair almost going to sleep. I don't know how I will make it next week.

I am going to call my rheumy and see if I can get an appointment since I am also starting to have anxiety/panic attacks. It happened last week while I was in a meeting with my boss. It felt like all the air had been sucked out of the room. I was sitting there trying to talk to her. It was horrible.

Thanks again.