B12 shotsVitD and antibotics for candida..Anyone ????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fieldmouse, Oct 12, 2006.

1. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Went to my new doc yesterday. He is starting me on B12 shots for 10 days in a row(never heard of this) and having me take Vit-D daily for 30 days. Also he is giving me an antibiotic for posible candida. Has anyone tried anything like this before. I hope it helps...We will see!!...Any input would be great
  2. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

3. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I thought antibiotics made yeast worse, so don't know why he would be giving you that, unless he suspects a bacterial infection. Stop eating all sugars and yeast causing agents.
    If I am wrong, I apologize, but whenever I take antibiotics I get a yeast infection.
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

you need probiotics olive leaf extract oil of oregano and noni juice also helps pure no sugar added. charlene
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Look at my post called "Dr. Teiteilbaum Treatment Approach" to see what I have found useful for candida.

Antibiotics would be incorrect. The prescription medications that might be appropriate are Nystatin, Diflucan, or possibly Ampotericin B (for resistant yeast).

The natural treatments may be useful too.

The most important thing is to stop eating sugar (or very much white flour).
  6. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I talked to the pharmasist and he said the medication I am going to take is in the antibiotic catagory but not actually an antibiotic..( kinda weird but figures...lol...)Anyway, he said it treats only yeast. Gets rid of it...My new doc thinks maybe I have candida. I have heard alot of people here talk about it but I guess I figured my PCP had tested for it already. Guess not....anyway,I guess its worth a try.
    I just picked up my B12 shots and gave myself one. It wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. Didn't even hurt so I am happy happy about that...Thanks for you replies and please please try to have a good day...Hugs to all ....Mick!!
  7. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Bump.....I found out that the med for the candida is Nystatin....any more advice?
  8. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member