BabsFl and Tammy!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnG, May 25, 2003.

1. AnnG

AnnG New Member

Just yesterday my 17 yr old son was explaining to me how at night when he rolls on his back his body tingles and it is like he is paralyzed. He can't move or speak, his eyes are open but he can't see. After awhile, it clears and he can move again. I read him your posts and he asked if you would be willing to tell him about your experiences:how long it lasts, if anything helps, etc. Thank you in advance.
  2. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

I don't know if this will help or not but I will tell you....

Almost anytime I lay on my back this happens. I would say 90% of the time, Exp in the mornings. It is strange!!

I do feel paralyzed. I am able to see and I don't know about the speech, never tried to talk. Now that I think about it sometimes things do get "fuzzy" at first but just for a few seconds.

I don't know of anything that helps, I just roll over. More like the fear rolls me over!! I try to avoid rolling onto my back in the mornings, it don't always work, but I try.

I think your son should maybe talk with the Dr. I have never really mentioned it because it seems Dr's want to blame everything on the FM/CFS or my arthritis.. I am not always taken seriously because I am only 34 and in thier words "It is highly unprobable because of your age" "I would be suprised...."

I get tierd of hearing that all the time!!

I have a son that is 16 and one that is 14 my youngest complains of aches and pains already..and headaches I am hoping it is not this dd!!! They tell him that it is "growing pains" because they see nothing in the x-rays or mri's of his knees. I pray to God he never has to suffer with this!!!

Well I hope this helps, if you find out anything please let me know. I will pray for your son, he shouldn't have to deal with such a scary situation!!!! Wish I could help more.

Hugs
    Barb (BabsFl}
  3. AnnG

AnnG New Member

I think it helps him just to know he is not alone. He too, is in pain almost all the time and exhausted. He cannot keep up at school and so he is in a homeschool program (some classes on campus, some at home). We too went to the Dr for extreme knee pain and they said it was "growing pains". Since he is 6'5" tall, we bought that answer for awhile. I hate to say anything to him but I would be surprised if he DOESN'T have CFS or FM. Thanks for answering. If we get any further answers I will let you know! Love, Ann