Back again.....Mom has started not want to eat again

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Helenawoodside, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Mom has started again not wanting to eat, but the dietician has informed me that this is typical behavior of Alzheimer's patient. One week they'll eat and then go back to not eating again. However, she doesn't look like she has lost any weight. She just wants to go back home and it has been 4 months since my brother and I placed her. We cannot bring her back in her declining health. She is on insulin for diabetes, her gait is quite poor and requires the need of a walker to get around. In NY, it is very hard to get 24/7 homecare unless you are bedridden in the last stages of Alzheimer's. I feel so bad and wish my brother and I didn't have to work so we could care for her ourselves. It is a terrible disease what it does to their mind. I feel so overwhelmed at times and wish I could wake up and this would all be a nightmare. Please continue to pray for her and myself. I just want to thank everyone who has written to me to let me know you are praying for her. Thank you all and God Bless everyone on this prayer website.Hugs, Helena
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Lifting up prayers for your mother, and for the grief you are going through. As painful as it was, you and your brother made the right decision for her. I'm so sorry though about it all.

Thank you for the beautiful and powerful prayer you wrote for me, also.

Love, Judy
  3. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I have only heard from others how frightening this disease can be. I feel you are right to have her where she can have care 24/7, after all you and your brother have families to care for as well as caring for your mom and neither of you could do it alone

God knows where your heart is and so does your mom. If she was doing better she would be able to tell you that.

May God Bless you and give you strength for what you are going through

hugs
    kgangel

You are in my prayers
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am still praying for your dear mother.

Love....Mari