back again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tgbarco, Apr 26, 2006.

1. tgbarco

tgbarco New Member

i haven't come to the message board since sept. i was really feeling bad i found out in oct that i now have type 2 diabetes along with fibromyalgia and neuropathy. so i guess now it will be a guess at what is causing pain and what isn't. does anyone else have these other problems with the fibromyalgia and if so how do you cope with it. i get burning pains in my feet ( the parts of them that i can feel) and don't know if it is the neropathy or the fibromyalgia. i don't sleep well at night because of the pain but to tell which problem is causing it is a delimia. the drs. in my area don't belive that there is such thing a fibromyalgia so it is hard to get any help.
    thanks for listening
    terry
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Welcome back Terry. Burning pain in the soles of my feet is one of my fibro symptoms.
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I have all those and more. I deal with them on a day to day or minute to minute basis. I'm on oral meds for the diabetes, and I take a ton of stuff for everything else. Just keeping up with the meds is a full time job!

I have to watch what I eat, of course, but once you "get used to it", it becomes almost second nature.

I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy last month. That was a tough one! I only have mild numbness in my feet so far.

I have CFS/FM, RLS, OA, OAB, migraines, and everything that goes with them. I think the most important thing in dealing with these DDs is to keep a sense of humor.

You know it's bad when you have more letters after your name than your doctor does! LOL

God Bless.

4. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

tgbarco,

Have you tried Cymbalta? It was made for Diabetic peripheral neuropathy. I don't have diabetes but it helped my foot and hand immensely.

Check it out.

Dee