Back From Dr. News not Good..................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by layinglow, May 6, 2003.

1. layinglow

layinglow New Member

We made the long drive to my FM/CFS Doc---the news is not good my husband got a DX of Fibro----He had a block done on his leg, and is really not feeling well tonite. I think a combination of an exhausting day, plus the bad news. We were prepared we thought for it---as his symptoms are very much like mine, and everyone elses, here, I guess it's just the confirmation that sets one aback. I too, am a bit overwhelmed, wondering what the future will hold. This will be short--I am just in a bad place tonite---and I am sure he is too.
    Best wishes,
    LL
  2. lilwren

lilwren New Member

I am so sorry to hear that about your husband. I get so angry at this DD, and life in general! Life is not fair! I wish we could get a break sometimes instead of more crap to deal with. I don't really know what I'm trying to say - just wanted to let you know I feel for you and your husband.

Love,
    Sharon L
  3. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

The stars in sight,
    are sad tonight,
    Deep in the Heart of Texas...

Love,
    Lane
  4. Takesha

Takesha New Member

My husband Michael and I will keep you and your husband in our prayers. I read your post earlier to Michael and in truth I didn't know what to say. I still can't forget how the news of my dx of Fms hit him as he has had CFS for a number of years. So many things have gone through my head since then, but the first thing Michael made sure I understood is that we are in this together no matter what. That helped me so much. Lanes post brought tears to my eyes because it says what I already know about this site. There is a lot of love and understanding here, when sometimes there is no words. We are all connected by an invisiable cord of love, compassion, and understanding. You both are in our prayers.
    Takesha
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To hear this. We do have a couple on the board that both are suffering from these illnesses.

They are 'GaryandKim', they will be of great confort to you both.

Please rest, as you did have a harrowing day for sure.

Take care, and come back when you are able.

Shalom, Shirl

6. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

I am hoping you are sleeping by now and praying for a peaceful rest for you both. Try not to think about everything and find answers and worrying about the future.
    For now you just need to cling to one another and try to recuperate from the blow you have received. Answers to planning for future etc. will come. Just wanted to let you know that i am thinking of you and will keep you in prayer.

love, Rebel
  7. layinglow

layinglow New Member

The comfort and support here is unmatched! You guys are great. Hubby took a sleep aid tonite with valerian and passion flower, and I hope he can finally get some rest. He has been having about 30 wake ups a nite, and is exhausted. I am going to say my prayers (being sure to mention the blessings here, of great people, and their burdens, too). We have been married 26 years, raising four children--we are best friends and will always stick together through thick and thin. I am so blessed there. I only wish he, too, didn't have to bear the burdens of these DDs. Thank you for your words of comfort, they mean so much to me right now. Good nite, and God Bless,
    LL (Karen)
  8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

This isn't as bad as you think it is right now. When I start getting really down about having FM, I just thank my lucky stars that I don't have MS or cancer. I will live just fine with FM and so will you and hubby!

P.S. I went into remission over a year ago and aside from some fibro fog on occasion, I'm feeling great! This can happen to you two also.

Marilyn :)
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very sorry to hear this. I am convinced that we all suffer from some kind of chronic infections which would explain multiple family members' being sick. I also believe we are genetically predisposed, so he probably would have become sick at some point anyway. As our world becomes more stressful and more polluted, it is easier for those with a genetic predisposition to get sick, especially with infections of opportunity.

I do not believe we can heal until we address these infections. There has been a lot of interest in the olive leaf extract and I am starting to drink tea made from its tincture.

I pray that you both start feeling well. I know that even though you pretty much knew the outcome, it is always a shock to get the DX. On the other hand, you can now put your energy into trying to heal. Good luck and bless you.

Love, Mikie
  10. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

So sorry to here your news i hope you can take strength from each other to get through this together this will bring you closer if that is possible as you will both understand and feel for each other through what ever lies ahead im sending all my love
    (((((((((((((((big Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))from the UK
    lots of love Loopyloo xxx
  11. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Thank you all! Each of you has touched me this mornng--it is a brand new day--and I am ready to continue my healing, and hold my husband while he finds his path, too.

Sandy--Sweetie, you made me cry, but the tears were good tears! Something you said--rang so true, you are right!
    After 26 years of Marriage, raising 4 kids, and 2 stray teens they brought home, and now having 4 grand kids running through the house, caring for two elderly parents here, on the ranch---we have been so busy.

You mentioned curling up on a painful day---and just watching it rain outside, together. You are right, now is the time, to just quietly cling together, put the busyness in the past, and hold each other dearly, thankful that we have eachother---each one understanding the others pain, each one wishing they could take the others pain on and relieve them----counting our blessings, quietly, together!

You know, we are already strong--together---we will become invincible now....lol! Tommorow is gone, The future never is today, and we will hold tight to today.

Love, Karen
  12. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

about the news that your husband also has Fm.
    i guess you know this already in your heart......which doesn't make it any easier when the bad news comes.

i can see you have lots of support and at least the two of you have each other to share the love and the pain.

sending you love and hugs.........with your help and the knowledge you already have maybe he will not get it so severely ?

best wishes to you both

pinkquartz
  13. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

I am so very, very sorry to read your news. I know how worried you were about him and how much you didn't want this to be true.

I have been desperately trying to think of something positive to say about this for you...and something popped into my head...I hope it doesn't sound trite or stupid. But here goes:
    At least you can say to each other 'I know how you feel' and really, truly mean it. That is a valuable thing for you both.
    I know that, on balance, you would rather he didn't have this, but at least he has a partner who TRULY understands what he is going through and will consequently be patient with him. Makes me wonder if these things happen for a reason.

I have a friend, Maureen, from a loooooong way back, who's first child was a beautiful Downs Syndrome baby. Maureen never faltered, and if ever asked how she felt about it, she said she was so glad that God had given the baby to her, rather than to anyone else, because He knew she could cope and love her.
    Maybe there is a parallell here for you and hubby?

Hope this hasn't sounded silly to you - it is sent with love and hugs,
    and of course you know we are always here for both of you,
    love, Mary x
  14. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Pinkquartz, Mary, and Spacee----thank you so much, your replies meant so much to me.....I am sure there is a lesson and reason in all of this............we will look at it as an open door.
    Pinkquartz...I hope I can help him--and that all of the research will pay off in making him feel better. Thank you for your support, so much.

Mary, I understood exactly what you are saying, and you are very correct. There was nothing trite about your message, it was a wonderful point. I have known two downs syndrome children in my life, and they were the most loving, joyeous people I have ever met. Filled to the brim with a love for life. Thank you :)

Hey Spacee...those lemons to lemonade are good for my alkalyzing regime *wink* Hey got my second bcomplex at Docs during Jays appt. will be doing them at home soon with my b-12 injections...then going the antiviral next...

thank you all for your support---My kids are great, but some of the rest of my extended family, that we are caregivers FIL and MIL...just don't realize the stress Jay is under, and I am going to have to run interference for him awhile I think. He will learn how to pace, and say no to that which is too much---it just takes time. I appreciate all your well wishes. You guys have given me such new and different perspectives on this, compared to where my mind was after the docs appt.---Thanks... I needed that.
    Love, Karen
    LL