Back from Gallbladder Surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leenerbups, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Hey all,

First time I have been able to sit up at my computer. I am just on for a few minutes here to check my email and wanted to let you know how I am faring.

I am having trouble talking because I have a lot of flem in my throat that I can't seem to bring up. When I talk, it gags me. I have been drinking warm water, gargle with salt water, lozenges, etc. Nothing is dissolving it.

Other than that, I am dealing with the pain. I can't take painkillers as they make me too dizzy, so I am just biting the bullet. They did give me quite a bit of morphine before leaving the OR, which I have never had, so at least I know I'm not allergic. It really zonked me out and made coming out of the anesthesia harder.

I think the anesthesia is the WORST part of it. Trying to come out of it and the after effects are horrible. I just can't imagine people who elect to have frequent surgery for plastic surgery.

They removed my gallbladder and were supposed to do other things like check my pancreas but couldn't because the gallbladder was so bad. They said it was diseased, scarred, enlarged and had 150 stones in it. My surgeon said he could have paved a driveway with them.

Now my problem is I have to have another surgery and I don't think I can go through with it. I just can't imagine going through this again.

You see, I was scheduled to have the uterine tumor removed on Aug 2nd and to check for endo as well as (GOD forbid) any cancerous tissue. MY periods have been so heavy and painful that I was becoming anemic.

On July 30th, I began feeling very ill with pain in my upper abdomen. I went to the hospital and they found I had pancreatitis (!!!) they think was caused by the gallbladder (I am praying that this is so and my pancreas returns to normal now that my gallbladder is gone). I was hospitized for it and told to get my gallbladder out.

While in the hospital for the pancreatitis, I developed an abscess on my rump. I never had that before in my life.

So, now I still have to have the other surgery and I don't want to. This has been so hard!

Eileen
  2. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Will do.

I'm concerned because my pancreas began to hurt today. :-(
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

Glad you made it out ok. Hope you continue to feel a little better.

I had a 9 cm fibroid. I had the UAE back in April and my last two periods have cut down by 50%. That is the procedure Condolezza Rice had and you only are there in the hospital 23 hours and not put under.

I figured if UAE didn't work then go to the next step but I was also told fibrods can grow back.
    Check out embo@yahoo.
    Some people say well I don't want that dead fibroid in me but that is what happens when you go through menopause anyway. So unless your fibroid is bothering you Drs leave it in as they are not harmful.
  4. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

What is a UAE?

IRT Hangininthere: If the pain is there tomorrow, I will call him. I pray to God it's just gas or something. This stinks. :-(
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

Wow, you're just having all kinds of problems now!

I hate to hear that you still have another surgery to go through.

Wishing you a speedy recovery ...

(((Hugs)))

Janet
  6. susiny1

susiny1 New Member

Hi, I usually read the post and pray for everyone, I am sorry you had to have surgery I hope you are feeling better . I am writing to ask how do you keep everything quite from everyone else that doesn't have a clue to our pain ? I have to have surgery to take my overies out plus other women things done , I called my rhemotoligist to ask if I needed to tell the GYN DR anything and she said ' it's not an important surgery 'WHAAAAAAT' I NEW I was going to change DR'S but now i'm sure. I am scared my husband who is the strong loving type is falling apart. I don't want to say anything else about having this surgery. I feel lost. my best friend from 20 years ago said; thats how you get dissability , i need that !!! be careful for what you wish you might just get it.. Who do you turn to ? I know everyone has problems I feel so selfish about all this pain then looking at the news and knowing I am grateful to have a home and loving family.I feel better writing , my sisters said its hard to read my e-mails , so if its hard i know you will unerstand. Thanks and GOD BLESS. SUSI
  7. Rene

Rene New Member

Its when the block the artery that is keeping your fibroid alive. Google uae fibroid. They have embolized for 20 on people who bleed to much given birth and that is how they stopped it.

Radiologist who are drs perform the procedure not gyns. Gyns are not to happy about it as they make thosands in a day doing the surgery and radiologist are taking away their business.
  8. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I'm really frightened. It started last night. I was hoping I would
    wake up and it would be gone, that it was gas or just soreness from
    the surgery, but it's not. I will call my surgeon, and of course, that
    means I'm back in the hospital. I am so scared.

Eileen
  9. sandi24

sandi24 New Member

You have my sympathies. I had my gall bladder removed 24 yrs ago, back then it was a major 2 hour op, my daughter in law had hers removed recently and had keyhole surgery, it was touch and go if she needed the full blown op I had, as her gallbladder was so diseased, but luckily she had only 4 small incisions and healed quickly.

It is extremely painful and the nurse told me after my op to get rid of the gas,either up or down, she said because if you don't you will be in agony.Had anyone told me I would have to go back in for a further op I would have cried my eyes out.. I know what you are feeling.

Try drinking lots of water, avoid milky drinks, garlic capsules are good too for the phlegm, better still ask your doctor or pharmacist for something to help you quickly as coughing or any such movement must be agony!

My op was Dec 2nd and after about 10 days recovering I just had to hit shops for the kids xmas presents (was too ill months before the op)and I was paranoid of anyone accidentally bumping into my side as I would have fainted from the pain.

I wish you a speedy recovery and am praying all your other issues will resolve themselves so you don't have to undergo any further operations.
    Take care.