Back from hysterectomy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Musica, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Musica

Musica New Member

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes for my surgery. I had it a week ago and have been home since Friday. Thankfully, the pain hasn't been bad, but I am trying to take it easy to recover well. Particularly since I have had extensive bruising, probably from being on prednisone for over a year.

Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, I don't think it did what rheumy hoped - take care of the FM type aching. The meds are catching the nauseous aching early on, as well as joint pain because I can't be on my RA meds for another couple of weeks. I guess now the ball is back in rheumy's court to try to figure out the reason for the all over aching.

Anyway, thought I'd drop a note here to let you know that it is actually over and done with, and I am glad! Only the day of surgery was very bad, and I kept forgetting to use the morphine pump as much as I could have, so it could have been even better :)
  2. Musica

Musica New Member

I could have pressed it every 8 minutes. I know most people my pastor visits don't remember he was there because of the morphine, but I clearly remember him... and a lot of pain. I was also told that people can say some pretty funny things coming out of anesthesia, too. I hope you didn't let it bother you.

After the first day, I think I asked for pain meds/anti- inflammatory meds mainly when I started having joint pain or muscle aching. I did learn a couple of things, including that there can be a clear difference between RA joint pain and FM-type aching.

One of the biggest challenges right now is keeping my furbaby (cat) from jumping onto my tummy. OUCH!
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I feel for you girl, I had my total hyster in '01 and I had that pain pump too. I also forget to press it, heck I was to miserable and dopey to THINK let alone remember to push on a pump. I wish they'd just gave me a shot every little while or put it in my IV bag...LOL anything to not have to do it myself.

Take it easy and take care of yourself. If you have any questions there is a fantastic website called Hyster Sisters....

Hugz,
    Tona
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2005]
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Glad you're back! Take good care of yourself! Love, Terri
  5. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Now, that's finally done. I hope that cat stays next to you, not on you. Cats being cats, it probably won't. I'm glad the surgery went well.

Now, we just have to get well enough to meet for that cup of coffee one day.

Love,

Francie
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Why would the rheumy think it would cure the all over aching, thats part of fibro and cfs????

Take care of yourself and dont try to get well too soon. I told you before, it took me 11 weeks before I could get around but that was down to CFS.

love
    Rosie
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm glad that you are home and doing well!

Wishing you a continued speedy recovery .....

Hugs,
    Janet
  8. tonakay

tonakay New Member