Back from my Trip

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PVLady, Jan 2, 2008.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Hi, here I am again, every 6 months I have to take a trip for business. If I don't take these trips I will be fired by my client.

It is frustrating to travel so far for a 2 day meeting. This time I decided to stay 2 weeks. I am going one week early to get used to the 3 hour time difference.

I am more upset about leaving my three doggies - all will be boarded at the vet and he has always been very good. The newest one I adopted on 12/7 - he was sick and malnourished. He has been with me 24/7 since I got him so I especially worry about leaving him. I really spoiled him.

Today, I cry over anything. We are leaving tomorrow night.

Actually, I am just more sensitive anyway with this DD. I was the movies tonight. When I got up to leave I noticed a young lady in front of me, around 8-9 yrs old - she was using a walker and must have had MS. She had a very hard time walking, trying to get down the aisle to leave.

Her mom was pretty short tempered saying "hurry up" - her sisters looked aggravated. I could see she just was not able to do any better.

Her family was frustrated, but not as frustrated as she is. I started crying as I walked behind her. I tried to tell my husband and even writing this, I am crying. I thought about her daily challenges at her young age.

Maybe this is because we have been through so much ourselves and we know what it is like not to have a normal life.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/22/2008]
  2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Everything will be ok!

I wish I had known about you needing someone to stay with your sweet doggies ..."you know me and doggies" :) I would be happy to come and stay with them and spoil them....."REALLY" Iam living with my son so it would be a pleasure to get away and be able to help you out.....

PLEASE don't ever hesitate to ask me...I will do it in a heartbeat!

In regards to that situation with the sweet innocent girl and her walker....there is no excuse for that ...and it makes me upset thinking about it! I will pray for her tonight k?:)

Your trip will be are doing everything you can for yourself to make sure you can deal with it the best you take it one day at a time...and if that is too much take it one hour at a time...

You are in my thought and prayers especially right now.....have a safe and peaceful trip....and "it is ok to cry that is why GOD gave us tear ducts!

crying means we are growing!

Love you XO

Your friend always
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thanks everyone. I am back from the trip and survived!

Just FYI, never go through the Miami airport if you can avoid it. You must walk about a mile once you leave the plane.

Then customs line is 2 hours! We wound up flying almost 9 hours and barely had time to grab a snack food between planes.

St. Maarten was beautiful but I am grateful to be home..

4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Did you get bunches of doggie kisses? I have two little furbabies left, I lost my old dog Maggie in Sept and still miss her everyday. She followed me everywhere and slept with me too. I had her cremated so she's in a box here in my room with me and her collar lays on bed where she slept. Amazing how attached we get to our furbabies. I hope you found them well and happy when you got home.

Was it warm in St. Martens? Always said I would love to have a passport and actually USE it before I die... turned 50 last year so don't see that happening anytime soon LOL

5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes, Linda, yes our darling dogs missed us and were soooo happy to come home. Especially my newest Chihuahua - he was with me 24-7 from the time I adopted him on 12/6 until we left.

When I picked him up I just held him for a couple of hours.

Several years ago I lost my beloved Akita, Taikoh. I kept his ashes also.

Tona, why don't you go get a passport, then you will be all ready when the opportunity arises to travel. Yes, in St. Maartens it was 80-85 degrees with a slight breeze. Like paradise. The water was all colors of blue. I will try to post a picture here. You don't know what life may bring and you may wind up traveling afterall.

The greatest thing was the people there - they were so friendly - just so nice. Half of the island is owned by France and half by the Dutch.

I never planned to travel and spent years trying to get out of it because of the fibro. It is very hard to have a 4 hour time difference and go to meetings at 9 am (which would be 5am my time).