Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. PVLady

    PVLady New Member

    Hi everyone... I am back from the gallbladder surgery . Thank you all for the prayers and words of encouragement, it helped alot.

    Thankfully, I wound up with the laparascopic surgery and managed to stay in the hospital three days. I cannot imagine anyone going home the sameday as surgery.

    Mikie, the anesthesiologist gave me anti-nausea meds during surgery so I had practically no nausea afterwards.. there was slight nausea the second night but a shot took care of it. I hope you are feeling okay and recover quickly.

    Again, thanks to everyone... (I also responded on my original post).

  2. tinktink

    tinktink New Member

    Glad to hear you are home safe and sound albeit minus one gallbladder.

    Wishing you a pain free recovery. Diana
  3. 69mach1

    69mach1 New Member

    able to stay overnight, yet three days there. you must have good insurance.

    i had mine out when i was 29 plus they removed my spleen. they sent me home in two days. they originally told me 7-10 days because of the high risk of infection because of the spleen removal.

    only problem i had was whenever i ate anything i had to run to the bathroom. i lost 10 lbs in one week. but also that idiot dr that mis dx me had me get on prednisone for 6 months. then when i got the real dx i had to wean off from that crap. it took literally about 2 full years to get it out of my system.

    i am happy you got to have some time in the hospital w/care for you.

  4. PVLady

    PVLady New Member

    Yes, the hospital was wonderful. It was Little Company of Mary in Torrance CA. They have a new surgical wing. Perhaps the doctor would have liked to go home the same day, but I discussed that up front - I was not going home suffering.

    I needed all the time I had there, and now I am better at home. For some reason, they were also trying to get all the surgical patients to take a flu shot. My nurse was not enthusiastic about it and I passed on one.

    I will get a flu shot in a week or so, after the surgery areas are healed.
  5. Bruin63

    Bruin63 Member

    That's a good thing that you got to stay in the Hospital instead of going home right away.
    Gives you a better recovery, in mho, but good old Ins. only looks at the dollar signs.

    Hope your Recovery is swift and as painfreee as possible.
    Watch the Spicy Foods, if you like them, my first meal, was Cheese Enchildias, oh boy.

    I know that Hospital has, a good Record, to bad its not closer to me, sounds like they take good care of you.

    Take care, and rest, ;o)
  6. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    And everything went well. I'm also glad you didn't suffer from the nausea. I probably could have come home the same day if it were not for the nausea, but I was glad to spend the first night in the hospital. I think it made things a lot easier on my daughter too.

    I am feeling better by the day and I hope you are too. I now believe that my gb has been making me sick a lot longer than the six months I originally thought. What I thought were muscle spasms a couple of years ago were actually the sick gb trying to pump bile and going into spasms because it couldn't.

    Again, I'm so happy it all worked out so well for you. Here's to a quick and easy recovery.

    Love, Mikie
  7. PVLady

    PVLady New Member

    Mikie, I also think my gallbladder symptoms were going on for about five years. My entire "gut" felt frozen at times. I sure hope this surgery changes everything.

    Bruin63 - no way will I be eating enchiladas! I've been eating applesause, saltines, non fat frozen yogurt. I think the trick is to stay low fat.

    69mach1 - Yes I was lucky to stay those days. The doctor wanted me to go the second day but I asked for the third. He rolled his eyes but I don't care...I have already been neglected by other doctors and now believe you must ask for what you want.

    Carla, Prickles and tinktink and everyone, thank you for the well wishes.

    (one thing, they kept pushing IV antibiotics the entire three days until right before I left. They gave me Cipro. Hope that helps with any other infections I may have).
    [This Message was Edited on 11/09/2006]

[ advertisement ]