Back from Vacation and No Flares: Feeling Good

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz41, Aug 12, 2003.

1. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi everyone:

After being away in the mountains out west for the past two weeks I can't believe how good I feel!! I was actually able to do some hiking and even went horseback riding. I only really felt pain when I was inactive such as sitting in the car on the way out and home too. Overall I was plesantly surprised, however I did prepare carefully for the trip, brought my vitamins and supplements, bottled water and just went at my pace. The trip was relaxing and hopefull I will be ready to return to work at school in the two weeks and maintain. I did really work at maintaing my excercise and found plenty of hot tubs to soak in on the trip. Glad to be home. Hope all of you are ok I missed posting to everyone.
    Suz
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Its good to have you back. I`m glad you had such a good vacation. We still haven`t taken ours, things have been to busy at our house. Maybe we can sneak it in before the kids head back to school.

I really hate the long car rides on trips. That`s the worst part for me. I get so stiff. But once I get there and rest up a bit, I`m good to go.

Sandyz
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm glad things went so well! Doesn't it feel good to take a vacation and actually thoroughly enjoy it?

I've started a job this week, my first job in 11 years, and---so far---I feel great! It feels so good to be among neat people again. I thought I'd feel more tired than I do (because in my experience, even pre-fibro, starting a new job, even one you end up loving, is very tiring & stressful the first weeks). Maybe I'm due for a delayed reaction, but so far, I feel pretty great.

Glad you had such a relaxing trip!

Hugs,
    Pam