Back from vacation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by j9miller, Aug 10, 2003.

1. j9miller

j9miller New Member

If you can call it that. It was more like visiting "hell" and making it home in time to collapse. I traveled with my parents and two daughters (ages 14 & 12) from Miami to Houston to visit my brother and his family. (wife and two boys ages 5 and 19 months). Well, what a trip. The drive, the staying in hotels (different beds kill my back and FM is worse). Then Houston was HOT HOT HOT - heat index was 110 and my brother keeps the house at 76 degrees which for me is way to warm (with the meds I take). Then my brother and his wife flew to Miami for his 20th reunion for 3 days and I watched their boys ... not what someone with FM NEEDS to be doing. Climbing stairs, carrying a baby, bending over a tub to bathe kids etc ... needless to say I wanted to die. And of course add in the fact that NO ONE should spend more than 3-4 days strictly with family anyway. And then the return trip. Uugh!!! I am about ready to just DIE!!!I feel a major flare coming on and know I cannot stop it ... any suggestions????

Janine
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

What an experience, do keep a journal and write it all down, SO you won't do it again!

Take a good soak in 3 cups of Epson Salts., 3 large bottles of Peroxide, in water as warm as you can stand it for 20 minutes only. At the very least you should get a great nights sleep.

Then stay in bed and rest if at all possible. Pamper yourself to the max for the next few days, let the girls and hubby take over the chores, all of them!

Drink a lot of water too, you could have gotten dehydrated in that Texas heat. Its that hot here in Louisiana right now, and I am not about to stay outdoors except for short periods of time right now. It just drains the life out of you :)

Eat light, lots of fluids, and REST! Hope you feel better soon.

Shalom, Shirl

PS I NEVER volunteer to babysit anymore. Its crazy lifting babies when you know it is going to cause pain down the road.
  3. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Shirl,

You are so right. Who knew the "job detail" I was getting myself into when I agreed to this "vacation". Never again ... all my trips will be with my hubby ... he is the best and NEVER lets me overdo (when he is around). Thanks for ALL the advice. You are so sweet and always helpful. Thank you.

Janine
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

My 1 1/2 year old grandson, his M/D are living with me almost one year. I have lifted him on very few occasions. He knows he gets grammy hugs when I get on the floor, not lifting him up.

I don't think I would have survived it all. Hope you can rest now. Fondly June