Back Home, and just received a shocker

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, Apr 28, 2007.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I've been home from my trip to winona and the alter. Dr. a couple of days, and haven't gotten around to posting about it yet.

However, i just received a phone call from my mom this morning. And i just can't believe it- :eek:(

She said my brothers livin girlfriend died last night, just like that!

There was nothing known wrong with her, she was about 46 or so.

I'm just in Shock, and feeling so bad for my brother. He is an alcholic, and i'm really worried about him. She was good for him.

Before he met her, he said he was drinking himself to death, now i'm worried he will go back to that place.

There no way to fix this and it will be such a big empty hole for him.

I don't really socialize with my bro much, or see him, but i love him. We have different life styles.

But she worked at walmart and everytime we went shopping we would see her, and talk, and she always had a big smile and a hug for me. Even tho we didn't know each other much.

I liked her, just can't believe this. She also has an adult 21 handicapped child depending on her.

I'm not going to run on down the 50 miles to be with him. It's the last thing he would want, in my family the men hide pain and just tough it out, (or drink!) they don't want consolance, comfort.

My mom live right by him, i'll send him a card and tell him how i feel.

I don't even want to think funeral, that makes everything so real, but i'll go.

Please pray his heart would search for something besides a bottle, like the Lord.

I love my brother, but i can't touch him emotionally, i'm still just the sassy little sister to him, who knows nothing.

Hearting heart- I lost my grandma on Feb. 28, and now Jody April 28th, and i'm almost sure she did not know the Lord.
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

I am so sorry. You have certainly been through it. 2 things that were told to me years ago and I hope you might find some comfort in them.
    We don't know what happens at that split second when someone passes so I don't believe we can't say that they didn't know the Lord. Also I heard a pastor say with people who don't know the Lord he prays that the Lord will speak to them in them middle of the night when there are no distractions and that God will send someone He trusts to minister to them. Father please come into this situation and bring peace and comfort to the family. Please help the brother as he is grieving. Please send someone to come and show Your love to him. Thank you in Jesus Name. Amen.
    Cath
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

I am so sorry. You have certainly been through it. 2 things that were told to me years ago and I hope you might find some comfort in them.
    We don't know what happens at that split second when someone passes so I don't believe we can't say that they didn't know the Lord. Also I heard a pastor say with people who don't know the Lord he prays that the Lord will speak to them in them middle of the night when there are no distractions and that God will send someone He trusts to minister to them. Father please come into this situation and bring peace and comfort to the family. Please help the brother as he is grieving. Please send someone to come and show Your love to him. Thank you in Jesus Name. Amen.
    Cath
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Life sometimes presents us with the most horrible situations. Please include my prayers for the one you find yourself in now, and for families that are connected to this sudden death.
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

For your replys and prayers, i didn't do much yesterday but sleep, my heart was heavy.

Today i called my brother, his girlfriends daughter is there helping to make all the arrangements, and he's being strong for her right now.

She's just in her early 20's with her first child, what a shock to lose your mom at that stage of your life.

My brother will do okay, until after the funeral and everybody goes back home, then it will hit like ten tons of bricks.

Thanks for your prayers, please pray that the word of God would reach his heart thur someone.

MSS
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

My prayers go out to you and your family. Be careful on the roads.
    Terri