Back home from surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sh2angel, Jan 22, 2007.

1. sh2angel

sh2angel New Member

I am still on the mend and this is the first time I have felt like I could type ....my cervical fusion went well an I was in the hospital for 4 days but now I am home and on the mend...still on very limited activity...and I can't decide which hurts worse my neck or my hip where they took the bone graft from....but I wanted to say thanks to all of you for all the prayers...Thanks again...Shirley
  2. cczub

cczub New Member

Good luck with your recovery and remember don't push yourself and let your body heal! I always give this advice and am usually the last one to remember to do it myself!
  3. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

Please do take it easy. I had a lumbar fusion ~ twice on the same site, L4-5. Both times failed, unfortunately I'm in worse shape now than before. And I know exactly what you mean about your hip hurting from the bone graft. I'll say a prayaer for you.

I'll also be looking for your updates. What level(s) were fused? I should have C 4-6 fused at the very least, but after the lumbar disaster I'm a bit leery of surgery again. Did they go in thru the front or the back of your neck?

Don't answer till you can, I can wait for an answer.

Love and blessings
    Mar
  4. sh2angel

sh2angel New Member

They went through the front of my neck my nureosurgeon says that is the easiest way much less pain ....because there are so many muscles and legimits on the back of your neck they have to pull apart plus they are much closer to the spine...they fused 4-5-6-7...plus removed all the stenoisis i had that was pressing on my spinal cord...I am healing rather fast...when I went in for my one week post op they thought I was about 4 weeks post op....I attribute that to all the prayers and I have a friend that does Reiki and she is sending me healing energy...and it really helps...thanks so much for everything...Shirley