Back Home

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Apr 8, 2007.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

Well my journey to Disney is over. I made the 4 hour drive...and one FULL day at Disney World. Then spent the next four days in bed. The family went on to other parks for two more days...but I slept. At least I gave it a try and had a good time with my family for one day. The weather was perfect and my doctor gave me a note so my family and I got to go on the rides fast at Disney! It was great...just waaaaaayyyy too much standing, sitting, walking, and up and down in and out of ride chairs. My legs became unbearable by the 6th hour...and we stayed another hour after that! I took an unbelievable amount of Tramadol. soo many I ran out before I got home! Luckily my hubby had some soma that got me to survive the car ride home. I think I used 2 boxes of those OTC pain patches. Smelly...but effective.

What made things worse is I brought my laptop but there was no internet connection where we stayed! Boy did I miss all of you! It has taken me all day to catch up on the posts I have missed.

This week is very important. My mission is to find a disability (ERISA and SSDI ) attorney to consult with. I only have three more weeks of my leave from work and my boss keeps calling me to see how I am. ( Not bugging me about work...just a check in type call ) She is still saying how much I am missed and they cant wait for me to come back. I feel guilty each time I talk to her because I know in my heart that I can not go back. I feel the sooner I tell her, the better for me and them....but I dare not do a thing before I talk to a lawyer.

Well, at least I am starting to feel better today... enough to type this. Glad to hear from all of you.

jmq
  2. Didoe

Didoe New Member

re: I feel the sooner I tell her, the better for me and them....but I dare not do a thing before I talk to a lawyer.

Yes, GUILT can make us reveal things that should be held back.
    And for my peace of mind (because you know I dont have enough to occupy my mottled brain) please be sure to get a reputable and responsible attorney.
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

Glad you were able to have some fun. I just went on an afternoon deal yesterday and I thought I was going to die from the pain. Too much time driving I guess? Plus where I went there was no quality seating so I had to stand. At least your family "understood" your need to rest.

Gosh jmq ... i can't go back to work either. I am getting worse. I went to see an attorney about filing bancruptcy. I have to be on STD 26 weeks before I can go on LTD and file for SSDI. At least I am finding some things out. I am looking for a cheaper county to live in also. I am seriously thinking about moving back where I grew up. I can live pretty cheaply there and I would have people/relatives that would come to my aid if needed.

Take care and get some rest :)