Back Injection Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hi all, I'm back!

The injection was not as bad as I feared, but that first stick to numb the area was like a bee sting and really surprised me. The actual injection was mostly pressure but made my left foot twitch and caused really bad pain down the right leg which is where the pain is that they are trying to treat!

The doc told my DH that it would be 7 to 10 days before I would know if it would help and that there was only a 50/50 chance that it would. I choose to think of that as a 50% success rate, my DH sees it as a 50% failure rate. One of those glass is half full half empty things!

They warned me that it would probably get worse for a couple days because of the pressure from the excess fluid but that would get better.

I went home and lay down and fell asleep for about 4 hours. Then got up and ate and tried to go to work. I work in an office and couldn't sit in the chair for more than about 3 minutes and getting up and down was worse so I stayed an hour and went home.

Not much better today, but the boss will be out after 2 and all day tomorrow so I felt like I needed to be here. Might go home when he leaves today.

The doc asked if I was nervous and I said yes, but the important thing was that HE wasn't!

Thanks for your prayers!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

info for me as I am off to rheumy today and he may suggest this. We have about 5in of snow and no sign of the plow, so hope I can make it, as more snow is forcast. Glad it went well, but 7 days to find out???? Bummer.

Anne C
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I was scared he would paralyze me too! Especially after I read all the releases I had to sign! He didn't look at any xrays either but must have known what he was doing cuz I can still walk!

Seven to 10 days seemed like a long time to me too, but if it works it's worth the wait. If it doesn't I have another one scheduled on the 15th. Hope it works in one cuz I don't really want to do this again! Not just the injection, but the increased symptoms after!

Thanks again!

Hugzz,
    Greenbean

4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I had a cortizone injection using an epidural. I hope it works because I just can't escape this back and leg pain.

I'm scheduled for 2 more over the next 4 weeks.

Hugzz,
    Greenbean

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope this does work.

Love, Mikie