BACK INTO THE HOSPITAL AGAIN..Doc messed up big time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by another_painful_day, Sep 1, 2005.

1. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

Hi Everyone again!
    Ill try to make this painless and quick but heres the lastest:

I was in Hospital ER yestersday morning after talking to Doc (Doc told me to go there)and all night last night. I was released today. Come to find out they can NOT remove stent in Ureter today as scheduled and I have to wait until end of next week. Evidentally I reacted to the lazering of the stone in a bad way so theres ALOT of inflamation in Ureter and the Kidney is enlarged from fluid retention. So CAT Scan next Thursday(I have had enough radiation put in me to glow in the dark) and GOD WILLING stent removal on Friday is scheduled.(unless theres still swelling then it wont happen...but we will think positive) In the meantime this whole thing has impacted starting my school year at my job next week which Im quite upset about. I will miss the first week of school and Im scared to death it will have an impact on my job. (not to mention how uncomfortable I am right now but it could be worse right?)

The other thing they had found on CAT scans and Ultrasound yesterday was that theres "fluid" floating around in the inside of my abdomen cavity. Evidentally when they Lazered the Kidney stone they ruptured a hole "somewhere" which leaked Urine inside my belly and around my lower organs(YUMMY). Lovely how we can trust Docs right? They screwed up and now Im paying for it. Never-the-less the fluid will remain inside there until my body decides to absorb it. I am on hefty anti-biotics to cure what infection was beginning and prevent any further infection from that "leak". As of yesterday my blood counts were elevated slightly but I was on Anti-biotics already so THANK GOD because I would have been even MORE sick if I wasnt. I would have had an infection thru out the abdomen and I would have faced more than just an overnight stay in the Hospital. Im glad to be back home...pain or not...Ill eventually heal and thats a good thing. My issue is this: when can we and who can we trust for proper medical care? I really have lost faith in Docs since my stomach surgery and now this.

So there ya have it. But despite all this horrible stuff happening to me, I kick myself in the head back into reality because whats going on down south is more horrific than anything. My heart breaks for all those people. I guess my health issues are minimal right now with whats going on down there. Our household has been thru so much this year with hubby and my illnesses but nothing compares to what those people are dealing with.

Im praying for those down south...they seem to need it alot more than me.
    Thanks for reading and for being there for me everyone! Life certainly doesnt leave any of us alone lately does it.

HUGS!
    -Diane
  2. sheried

sheried New Member

I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I'm glad you are on antibiotics--no telling how bad it could be without them. Take care of yourself and hopefully you will be back on your feet in no time.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    Sherie
  3. qnjamie

qnjamie New Member

Sorry but you are very thoughtful to think of all the others suffering worse than us. Not to go out of text but I was listening to public radio today and they said this is a natural disaster of proportions we(USA)have never seen before. One person said that they had to push away the floating dead people to get the survivors. If we are here tonight we should feel blessed and we're in a better seat than hundreds of thousands. WOW
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Oh, I am so sorry for what all you have to endure now.

My heart aches for you.

I hope they are able to get that stent out next time. I had a stent in once that migrated out of place and it was terribly painful.

Wishing you a speedy recovery ....

Hugs,
    Janet
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but this may ease your mind a bit.

I was watching a surgery show and the surgeon was operating on a bladder and it leaked urine all inside the open cavity. he was calmly explaining that this was of no concern and wouldn't contaminate the cavity like we would think. He explained that urine is actually sterile. Who'da thunk it huh?

Jeanne
  6. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I was an RN, an Advanced Nurse Practitioner and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist for 26 years until this DD got me.

If patients knew the truth, everyone would be scared to death.