Back On Doxycycline

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have crashed with all my CFIDS and FMS symptoms returning with a vengeance. I've had to go back on the Doxy.

I do not understand why I was able to go off it cold turkey once and then not be able to taper off of it. Maybe it was just too soon. It'll be at least another six weeks on the ABX.

Love, Mikie
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I hope you are feeling better soon! There is so much I still don't understand about this disease, so much that flies in the face of conventional wisdom. I have never understood why I can often survive lots of stress without flaring, and then in another instance, flare for seemingly no reason. I seem to be doing better lately with anti-leaky gut diet & enzymes/probiotics protocol---now we'll see how long this lasts (*fingers crossed!)

Feel better,
    Pam

3. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I hope you feel better very soon!! Love, Deb
  4. ozgran

ozgran New Member

what a bummer. Don't think we can assume anything with this DD. I am getting over my current bug and thought I was doing fine with the FM and yesterday started back feeling like I was going to spasm from the neck down. Guess it was my big trip to rheumy that triggered it again as I was very tired. Didn't do anything different other than that. Hang in there. many (((((((Hugs))))))))) love Ozgran.
  5. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that things will begin to get better for you soon. I will be thinking of you and please keep us posted about how your doing okay.
    Love,
    Joannie
  6. jan a.

jan a. New Member

dear mikie, so sorry to hear you are back to fighting this awful mycoplasma invasion again....I have the same problem and I am beginning to feel like its an unending war against them...I too am on doxycycline but after starting to get sicker even on the drug I had to go on zithromax with the doxy (500 mg.) per day and I feel so much better...I dont remember which mycoplasma you are fighting but I wrote to garth nicholson and told him I had m. pnuemonia and he said zithromax was the drug for that so I told my dr. and Ive been on it several weeks and have improved alot...of course who knows how long it will take... I always fear if I go off anything that makes me feel better Ill be really sick again...friends always say to me "wont you build up a resistance to antibiotics?' but what choice do we have....to take a chance or let the infection take us over and then what? I wish you success this time and hope you improve quickly...what a pain trying to deal with this unreal infection we dont understand...get well ...love jan a.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/23/2003]
  7. teller7

teller7 New Member

When you say you've crashed please explain to me what happens to you concerning the CFIDS. Does the bad feeling stay for a long time? Or does it come and go through out the day? I'm trying to find out if I'm having the same thing happen that happens to all of you. Thanks
    Carol
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate all your good wishes. I had thought it was just the Red Tide, but then it hit like gangbusters and I knew it was the old CFIDS/mycoplasma stuff. I'm even starting to feel better today having been on the Doxy 24 hours now.

I think maybe going cold turkey off the ABX is the way to go as it seems to activate the body's own immune system. I just fear a runaway immune system, but that seems to be the only way to go. I'll have to take my chances with developing an autoimmune illness when I quit again. This whole treatment is just so new to all of us. It is possible that the Red Tide toxins in the air just overwhelmed my own immune system and it couldn't fight the mycoplasmas.

Carol, when I said I crashed, I was referring to suddenly being so fatigued I have hardly been able to get up for more than an hour or so. I've barely been out of my condo, or even bed for that matter. I've felt dizzy, confused, and my pain has come raging back in small areas. I haven't been this sick in two years. I have to go to the store today and the new doc tomorrow, so I need my energy.

Again, thanks for all your good wishes. I keep you all in my prayers.

Love, Mikie