Back on Lyrica again as pain unbearable.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by juliejo, Feb 5, 2006.

1. juliejo

juliejo New Member

I have had to resort to going back on this med as i had so much pain last week i did'nt want to be here anymore.
    Yes i know i am supposed to be positive etc etc etc but at present damn well fed up i can tell you.

Doctor put me back on Lyrica again, but this time to start on a very low dosage of 25mg for a week and night and then 2 x 25mg per day for a month and is going to build up very slowly this time.

I was taking 75mg 2 x a day and it spaced me out and confused me so much it frightened me.
    Tried every pain med there is, even morphine and still no relief.

I do take Fluoxetine (prozac) but like many of is Fm sufferer's can't tolerate much at all.

Will keep you all informed as this time determined to stick with it.

Juliejox
  2. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

Hang in there Julie...
    Remember we are all here for you and we are praying for your pain to be released....

Big ((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

This too Shall Pass

Hugs
    Angel
  3. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I am on lyrica and gradually built up to 300mg a day. 100 mg 3x aday. I just started this double dose and I think I could feel a difference pretty quickly.

YOu say you were on this before and it sounds like you are not happy to be on it again. What was your experience with it and did it help you at all?

I actually am a little sore today but I am hoping that its from overdoing it since I felt so good the last couple days!!!

Good Luck Julie, Lindsey
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Praying Lyrica helps you.
    ((((Juliejox)))) Shannon
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

Try some acupuncture too. Its been shown to help. Everyone is different and it may help you.

Kendra
    [This Message was Edited on 02/06/2006]
  6. DeborahHutchby

DeborahHutchby New Member

I take 200mg of lyrica twice a day combined with cymbalta this has turned the horrendous pain around and I have been able to do a little more!
  7. shan1078

shan1078 New Member

My Dr. mentioned to me Lycra can help, but then she gave me a Rx of Neurontin.

Are these 2 medicines the same, are they in the same class? Just wondering.
  8. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

It is a later generation drug in the same class. I'm guessing your doctor prescribed Neurontin because it has a generic available and is MUCH cheaper than Lyrica - also, Lyrica isn't yet approved to treat FMS and insurance co's apparently aren't wanting to cover it.

Hope that helps! :)
  9. shan1078

shan1078 New Member

Thank you for you info.

Just one of those questions I didn't ask my Dr.

Take care