Back on melatonin again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovecats94, Aug 31, 2005.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Well the search for the cause of my skin spots on different parts of my body continues. I was sure it was from the melatonin. It wasn't... Then I thought it was from yeast. Nope on that one either.

Now I'm thinking it could be the new detergent we started using called Tide Cold Water. So, we went back to our original Tide, but won't know anything for weeks.

It is on my low back, hips, underarms, parts of thighs, etc. Has anyone else had anything like this related to laundry detergent? That is the only thing we have changed lately.

It couldn't be the Lortabs, could it? I've never been on pain meds for any length of time.

Big hugs,
    Faye

[This Message was Edited on 08/31/2005]
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

what do the spots look like?

I am allergic to certain things, like Ivory soap and baby oil, and will break out in tiny red bumps all over. I once searched in vain for weeks for the source of a break out and finally the new cheap (.79 a box!) laundry detergent caught my eye and I said, AHA!

I stopped using it and the rash went away...

Sonya
  3. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

It could be your laundry products! I use "Arm and Hammer
    for Sensitive Skin" perfume and dye free. It really does a good job on the clothes too. Also I have problems with bath soap,maybe try something unscented. I use Dove unscented and it works well. I used Avon for many yrs. and then suddenly --I became allergic to all the makeup. So you may become allergic to anything, anytime.
    It seems that where your clothes touch you,(and you perspire) is where your spots are,opening the pores. I suspect laundry products or skin products.
    Hugs Shirley
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sonya, the spots look like round or slash shaped pale pink or darker flesh colored spots. Since I started back on melatonin, I'm looking to see if the spots come back worse looking or what. As you can see from my profile photo I am very fair skinned.

The problem with the laundry detergent is that I'm wearing clothes that were washed with that detergent who knows how long ago. Didn't go but through about half of the 90 oz. container.

I'm just stumped as I have no idea what is causing this.

Shirley, you are right that the spots are all, except one, in places where one would sweat or have clothes touching skin, etc. Will try the sensitive skin laundry detergent and see how that goes. Also change the body wash I use.

I didn't have any of the spots on my chest, which is strange or my stomach. That could be me not rinsing off the body wash completely.

It does seem if it was from the melatonin, it would be on my face, chest, stomach, etc.

Thanks, gals for your suggestions. Will certainly try that.

Big hugs to you all,
    Faye
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Boy and I thought I was fair skinned!!! Whew!

I have seen those type of spots. It does sound like an allergy.

You look very happy in your picture!

Sonya
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sonya

I try to stay out of the sun deliberately because of how the sun will age ones skin. Yeah, I look like a ghost, but part of that is the camera and the light in the room at the time, the scanner, etc. I have a new scanner now to work with the Mac.

Yeah, I was really happy then I had just had my hair done the day before, I think. It's a different shade of red now.

Will get a recent photo put up on the profile when I lose more weight. At the rate I'm going we're looking at 2007. rofl

Big hugs,
    Faye
  7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I think you look pretty good, really. I am a bottle blonde but would love to do red just for fun, but hubby would never go for that!

I am fair too so I use the tan in a bottle on my legs and face. I call it fake and bake.

Do I remember right that you are in Chester but don't get out much? I think it would be fun to get together and have, well, I was going to say coffee, but that is just because that is what people say, but I don't drink coffee, but maybe dinner or lunch one weekend.

Hubby is not wild about me doing those things though...

Oh well. Time will tell anyway.

Sonya
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Well if you saw me now, you would have a different opinion. I used to have mousey brown hair, then it started to go gray. I had a hard time getting my current stylist to get the red I wanted. It is close, but not exactly.

Yeah, I'm in Chester and I don't get out much. We should get together and we could even include our husbands if they feel it would not be safe. They could sit at a table and we could sit at another one. lol I'm joking...

Good idea, maybe we could bring that to reality one day. I don't drive much, that is why I'd probably want hubby to come along--mainly to do the driving.

It's a great thought. ;)

Hope you are having a good day and will have a great weekend!

Big hugs,
    Faye