Back on My Treadmill

Discussion in 'Weight Management' started by stick2013, Sep 29, 2008.

1. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Ok.... So I decided that I would get back to working out on a daily basis... This morning I walked on my treadmill for a mile. I know it wasn't a marathon, but it's the first time in 4 months. I will attempt to do another mile tonight when I get home from work!!!!!!
  2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Whatever it takes......let's talk!!!!!
  3. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I tried walking on my treadmill and by the third day my foot hurt so bad I had to stop. I have a bone spur in that foot and have had all sorts of problems with it for two years.

So I do have an Elliptical machine too that I bought second hand for $75. So I had to switch to that. It's a lot tougher on me than the treadmill due to the fact that I have mild Emphysema. BUT!!!! I am using it. I can only do 1/2 mile at a time for now, and I will try to build it up from there. I am doing 1/2 mile twice a day right now, and will try to do a little more everyday.

Please be patient with me... I am OLD and have so many health issues....LOL!!!!

So I figure if we just do whatever we can and do a little more every few days it will help. Hey anything is better than NOTHING!!!!!!!

Good luck and do whatever you can and post it......

Plus I am trying to eat very healthy. Tons of veggies, fruit, nuts, brown rice, beans, water and tea. I don't drink soda or booze. I don't eat meat.

I do have a problem with Licorice, Peanut Butter, and Nutella though.....LOL!!!! I am trying....
  4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I am so happy to hear that you guys at least have positive thoughts of exercise and healthy eating! Since I posted about getting together a bunch for supporting each other on losing weight, I fell like I have been hit by a Mac truck. My body aches and hurts in places I didn't know moved. I have lost my drive to get back on the wagon and take back control of appetite and exercise. But I salute and support both of you 100%!

If I can get my physical pains under control, I will work on getting my diet and exercise on target too!

budmickl
  5. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Hey even if you start with eating one good healthy meal a day and walk for 5 minutes....It's better than nothing.....

Hope you feel better soon....
  6. halfinhalfout

halfinhalfout New Member

What a great place to start. I too recently dragged myself out of my depression enough to start walking again. What a difference. I have been down after surgery and started again yesterday. Too much, too fast. Will slow down a little and start on treadmill. Keep in touch. 1/2
  7. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I am taking care of a friends dog and they have a workout room, so I have been using their stuff. Yesterday I managed 2 miles on the treadmill. Hopefull when I get back home I can continue to keep this up....

Glad to have you in our little circle of weight loss...
  8. halfinhalfout

halfinhalfout New Member

I started too quickly and overdid it after the surgery. Did some uphill hiking and set myself back a little. I will start slower. What are you going to start with for time? I will start tomorrow morning and let you know
  9. stick2013

stick2013 Member

For me, I am going to try for 1/2 hour everyday of some form of aerobic exercise. I have Emphysema(mild) and need to work my lungs out..Well my butt needs it too, but I will do it for lung expansion and hope that my butt decreases...LOL!!!!!!!!

Soon I hope to add hand weights to the mix...I have 2lb,4lb,and 8lbs. I'm a wimp...I also have the strechy bands, and tapes and CDs for exercise. I hope to get back to all of them and mix and match every day...

My BIGGEST problem........I LOVE FOOD!!!!!!! I ate 6 strings of licorice and then did 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill, 5 minutes on the elliptical and did a few weights. Came upstairs and had 2 HUGE bowls of Cheerios.... Later on I will probably have crackers with peanut butter and Nutella..... I just wish I could STOP EATING so much.....

I am not too much over weight. I am 55 yrs old, 5'6" and weigh 157-158lbs, so I am about 15 lbs over weight I think.....I need to lose some weight YES, but I need the exercise for health reasons more I think.....

Any way.....ALL are welcome to join in on this venture....
  10. murphysmom5715

murphysmom5715 New Member

Well, this looks like the perfect place to be! I am just starting on a weight loss program, need to lose about 20 lbs. I am in need of all your support to keep me going. My friends and family just seem to want to sabotage my efforts, so, this time I am not going to talk to them as much about it and just DO it.

I really have a hard time finding time to exercise, but now that the weather is cooler I feel more motivated. Would like to have this weight off by early Dec.

Going on the stationary bike for 30 mins tonight. Pray I don't talk myself out of it when I get home from work.

:>
  11. halfinhalfout

halfinhalfout New Member

If we are going to talk about exercising, we need to stop talking about things like nutella and licorice! We can healthy recipe swap but no candy talk unless you found one with no fat or calories and then you can scream it from the mountains!! 1/2 3/4 miles today!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2008]
  12. halfinhalfout

halfinhalfout New Member

If we are going to talk about exercising, we need to stop talking about things like nutella and licorice! We can healthy recipe swap but no candy talk unless you found one with no fat or calories and then yu can scream it from the mountains!! 1/2 3/4 miles today!
  13. halfinhalfout

halfinhalfout New Member

If we are going to talk about exercising, we need to stop talking about things like nutella and licorice! We can healthy recipe swap but no candy talk unless you found one with no fat or calories and then yu can scream it from the mountains!! 1/2 3/4 miles today!
  14. greygodess

greygodess New Member

I am restarting my exercise regimen. I was walking 2 miles a day-5 days a week and then I got sick and never got back to it. Yesterday I walked a little over a mile. Today I took off and plan to walk the zoo tomorrow which is 2 miles. I love to walk outside but joined a gym for the bad weather coming up. It would be nice if we all checked in on a regular basis. Godbless
  15. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I get the hint about the food issue...

Haven't exercised in 2 days. I had to clean 3 houses yesterday(my job) and then had to stay awake for the entire night last night as I had to have a sleep deprivation test and another test this morning at local hospital. Ended up with a HORRID migraine and so I will not hit the treadmill today either. I feel washed out completely from all the drugs I took to try and combat the pain...

Hopefully tomorrow will get me back on track....

How is everyone else doing??? Check in!!!!
  16. murphysmom5715

murphysmom5715 New Member

Well I TRIED to do 30 min on the bike, but I made it only 15. Wow what a reality check, I used to be really fit, but life took over and I didn't make the time. Well tomorrow is Saturday so there is no excuse. I WILL be exercising tomorrow.
  17. DEBORAA

DEBORAA New Member

15 minutes is OK! You just have to keep at it and before you know it you will be up to 16 minutes, 17, 18 then 31 mins :) seriously though
  18. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I admit to being a slug. Not motivated at all and off the exercise wagon. Haven't been feeling well so I will use that as an excuse....
  19. halfinhalfout

halfinhalfout New Member

Had to have another surgery and was in hospital for a week and then bed for a week. Just getting up again. We are going to move our bodies and be healthy!! Where is Tired214? Whre is our motivation? I have to wait a week or so to start walking again but you had better not let me down. We are a team. Let's move! Depressed feeling will subside with exercise and that is what we all need. Glad to be back! 1/2
  20. mujuer

mujuer New Member

i am in with you guys. I gained thirty lbs. last winter. booooo, hisssss!!! we bought an ellipitcal machine right before i had back surgery last january and when the dr. finally ok'd it, i got on and walked. i have fm, cmp and rls so i get on my ellipitcal as much as i am able which is about three to four times a week for twenty minutes. i have lost ten pounds in two months between my excercise and having cut out ice cream every night. you know huh? i don't crave it anymore though. i am eating as healthy as i possibly can. husband has celiac so we are pretty much wheat free.

somedays i have to psych myself to get on it but here is what i do. i have a magic (figuratively) word that i say to myself and when i say it, there is no turning back. it is simply the word "go". once i say that, the tennis shoes go on and they take me over to the machine. now while i am on it, i will either plug in my ipod, read my book or watch tv. once i get going, i don't want to stop really because it feels so good. i hope this encourages somebody. go TEAM!!!!! p