back on the abx

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ajp, Jul 10, 2006.

1. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi All,

Saw my doctor yesterday and had a really good visit. I think I misjudged him. I think it was really a matter of us getting to know each other. He will treat my pain and we had a discussion about pain meds and other things.

The bad news is ...he thinks I have an advanced stage of Lyme. Probably for almost twenty years! When I was diagnosed with CFS in the late 80's.... it was probably Lyme. No one back then would have ever thought of Lyme disease. So I am back on the Ceftin, starting out slowly, just 1/2 pill for a week and gradually working up to a whole pill twice a day.

I have been off all abx for about a week now and have had some of the symptoms back..such as the numbness in my face and hand pain. That really surprised me,so I guess the abx was helping. Sometimes the pain just gets the best of me.

He said that about 80% of people get better, 10% somewhat and 10% not at all and some cannot take the abx. I am using the power of positive thinking and plan to be in the 80% that get better.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Love Mindy

2. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm so glad to hear your doctor seems to be on the same page after all! These dds are bad enough to deal with without needing the extra stress of difficulties with doctor(s).

It is surprising how quickly symptoms can come back, isn't it? But it really helps to 'prove' to ourselves what is going on, that's for sure!

I hope you are in the percentage of those who quickly feel much better!!!

all the best,
    Victoria

3. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I've had lyme since *at least* 1988, maybe even since birth. Don't despair -- even late lyme can and often does respond really well to treatment.

Keep up the positive thoughts, and glad your doc seems okay after all.

I'm a big believer in pain relief when you really need it (like with lyme!!) -- pain, itself, is a huge stress on both mind and body, and makes life pretty unbearable, too.
  4. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I am saying a prayer today that YOU will respond to the treatment and make big progress !