Back On Transfer Factor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know we have a TF board here and I will post there but this board gets so much more traffic that I want to post it here too.

As I've mentioned before, TF immunity isn't permanent and one has to do a "booster" of them from time to time. I am now having a Herx-like immune reaction to the TF's after only two capsules. This reaction is very strong. I probably should only sprinkle a bit of the powder under my tongue but the taste prevents my doing that. I know the TF's are doing their job based on the reaction.

TF's target Herpes-Family viruses and are much more effective than the antiviral I often take. I get my TF's here in the Store and there is info on them there and in our Library.

Love, Mikie
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Mikie, tell me more about TF what is it and is in it? My LLMD wants me to try Lyme plus TF. I haven't ordered it as I have tried so many supplements without success and this one is expensive and I have to have her pin # to order it which I have but knowing if I have to have this it must be potent.

Seems after so many years this is how it is going to be with me which I will accept I just fear getting worse as I have watched to many You-Tube videos..

Not sure what road to take as I can no longer afford the LLMD nor able to travel the distance to see her so feel like I am on my own..

Take care,

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Which transfer factor are you taking? and how long did you take it before to get some sort of immunity, and how long did that last? I remember reading about you taking it before, but did not pay that much attention at the time.

I've discovered that the herb lemon balm seems to be a very potent antivral (and very cheap!) I originally took it many months ago for sleep as it is supposed to have sedative properties, but ended up waking up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. It took me half a day to realize it felt very similar to herxing. So I did a little research and found that test tube studies showed it to be effective against herpes viruses but no real in vivo studies have been done. However, based on my experience, it works in vivo as well. I didn't take any more several months ago because I couldn't handle the herx. Just recently restarted it and quickly found I need to start at a low dose (I was doing 4 capsules a day) - you would think I would have learned from my first experience to go slow! So I had to stop again, recover from major herxing and now am restarting with one capsule, hope I can tolerate that.

Anyways, I hope you do well with this round of transfer factor -

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

TF's are so expensive because it is very labor intensive to produce them. The secret of how the tansfer information is extracted from pathogens is proprietary but once this info is extracted it is combined with eggs and/or colostrum and put in capsules. This transfer info is what pathogens use to infect us. Our immune systems can recognize it without actually having to be exposed to the pathogens themselves. It is very, very potent.

Many of us have had Herpes Family Viruses which actively infected us years ago. These infections never really go away but can live in our bodies for years. Sometimes they are latent and cause no problems. Sometimes, they go stealth and chronic, living beneath the immune system's radar. Transfer factors wake up the immune system so it can drive the active viruses into latency. Common Herpes Family Viruses which can cause us problems are EBV, CMV and HHV-6. It is nearly impossible to get the HHV-6 into latency without a lot of antiviral meds or the TF's. Sometimes, the TF's will work where the AV's have failed.

I've been talking about targeted TF's here. To find out which pathogens a TF targets, you have to call Prohealth and ask. The FDA has stopped the companies which sell them from putting this info in their advertising and on the labels. I am currently taking TF 200. I may need to see about the TF 100 later on. If one takes these, I highly recommend sprinkling the powder under the tongue and only using a small amount until an entire capsule can be tolerated. How long it takes for the TF's to work depends on the individual. I am only taking it for a short time because this is my "booster." It is causing a BIG Herx-like reaction so it is reving up my immune system. I don't want to rev it up too much as it appears that I now have Sjogren's which is an auto-immune illness. Still, it is important to get rid of infections because they can cause auto-immunity.

There is a basic TF which doesn't target specific pathogens. Instead, it builds up with immune system using colostrum and other ingredients. It is fine for immune boosting but I think it takes the targeted TF's to really clean up. Most of us, me included, don't know all the viruses which infect us chronically. I just use the TF's and, based on the reaction they cause, figure they are killing off, or driving into latency, anything which is going after me.

Anyone considering TF's should look at the info on them here in the Store and Library. Also, there is info on the web on them.

Love, Mikie
  5. teller7

teller7 New Member

Gosh I haven't been on here in ages. And it was nice to see a familiar name. The names have changed so much since I started on the cfs/fm board in 2004. I know the last time I read one of your posts you were not doing well. Do you feel like you're alot better now in the past year or two? And if so what have you done to achieve it? Thanks.

6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I knew TF had something to do wtih colostrum but was unclear on how they actually worked. I didn't realize they actually extracted transfer information from pathogens, which of course explains how they can target them.

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Teller, I got well enough about 3 1/2 yrs. ago to work part time but had to quit about a yr. ago due to extreme fatigue again. It appears that I now have Sjogren's. I'm thinking I may have interstitial cystitis as well. Oy! It's always something. I keep on keepin' on but it does get a bit frustrating. How have you been? It's good to see you here. We have been having old timers return and it's always so good to hear from everyone again. Please, don't be a strager.

Mary, I find it fascinating that they can extract the info. It would seem to be a far better way to treat all kinds of infections rather than having to continue to develop ABX and AV's. Just taking colostrum will help with immunity.

Love, Mikie